Saturday, August 19, 2023

Trots and Swings and Things

The lab results came in yesterday and, quite unsurprisingly, confirmed an infection. The doctor wanted me to start on an antibiotic toute de suite, so off hied AC to the pharmacy. I took my first dosage of Cephalexin at 8pm. The pills are 500mg, and I am to take then 4x daily for 7 days.

While every medication comes with side effect warnings, they were serious this time. After just two doses, it appears that I will have to remain close to the commode this week. I was also given a probiotic supplement, but I don't think that will mitigate against the trots.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this dosage will eradicate the infection once and for all because I think it has been the same recurring infection for these past months. The previous antibiotics helped, but I don't think they wiped out the infection entirely. Of course, that is just my layman's speculation. I suppose it is possible that the infections could all be separate events. It just doesn't seem likely to me, though.

I am using Alexa and Siri to keep me on track about when to take my meds. Last night, Sue nudged me at 2am to tell me that my watch was beeping at me. I stumbled to the bathroom to take my pill and had a few arrowroot cookies for my stomach's sake, per my pharmacist's advice. Thankfully, I was able to get back to sleep until 6am. As I have whinged to you many times in the past, me getting getting back to sleep is most definitely not guaranteed.
. . .

Meanwhile, Sue and I did get out for her photo prompt yesterday. She was to do something childlike, so we drove to the park. Sue set the phone on a tripod, and we attempted various poses on the swings.

We chose this photo, for it is so spontaneous and unposed. You see, I had slipped from our standing pose and was surprisingly carried away. We both had unrehearsed laughs, which are the best kind.


We also tried a few poses on the slide. I was able to get up to the top.


But my descent was very unathletic, to say the least.






18 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love your laughs on the swing! Just makes me smile. And good luck over the next few days. Seriously annoying but at least you are on the mend.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful playful poses from the recuperating couple! So sorry you have the side effects from the antibiotic...I just finished mine a few days ago, and those side effects ended up needing treatments of their own! Maybe I will be my normal self again now. Whine away, AC, as I'm so empathetic to your situation.

Liz Hinds said...

Great fun! You two do enjoy life to the full!

Boud said...

Remember your yogurt! Always good when you're on antibiotics. Fun playground pictures!

Debby said...

Probiotics are important, AC. They will not alleviate your trots, but they will hopefully keep enough good bacteria in your gut to avoid c diff from taking hold. That was the beginning of the series of unfortunate events that led to Tim's stroke. Eat your yogurt. Take those pills.

Tom said...

Like the title of your post; also love the swing photo.

RedPat said...

Love the playful shots. Hope the pills work this time. Try the cranberry capsules when you are finished with the antibiotics. Or cranberry juice.

Margaret said...

Cute photos! I used to love swinging as an adult but now it makes me vaguely nauseated. Oh, the joys of getting old(er)! Hope you're not trotting too much, or even galloping to the loo.

Marie Smith said...

It was good to get out and play for a bit, AC. Keeping fingers crossed this round of antibiotic does the trick.

Marcia said...

Sorry to read about your UTI. Crossing fingers that this drug regime clears it up for you.

Granny Sue said...

So sorry the infection is back, but good on you for recognizing the signs!

Catalyst said...

I'll bet you enjoyed it and will think back on it fondly. Oh. I meant the time in the park.

roentare said...

A bubbly life you have!

Red said...

Sue is a great ham. She makes the antics appear very genuine.

DJan said...

Looks like fun to me! Love the swing shot. :-)

NGS said...

The shot on the swing is perfection! You both look so happy!

William Kendall said...

Hopefully the meds get it sorted this time.

Jenn Jilks said...

That looks like fun! Glad you've been seen and have drugs!