Friday, August 18, 2023

Horses after Sunflowers after Breakfast

When we had been on our way to the sunflower field (yesterday's post), we passed stables, and one horse looked like it was wearing pink booties. After the sunflower shoot, Sue wanted to stop for a photo on the way back. I don't think she got a good one because the horse was at some distance by then.

After I let Sue out near the bootie horse, I drove a little farther down to find a spot where I could pull off the road. Adjacent to me was a fence just beyond which, a mare and her colt were grazing.

As soon as the mare saw me she began to amble over. You can just see her beginning to come towards me in the photo. By the way, I deliberately shot through bars in the fence with the intention of cropping the excess bottom and top of the original photo in edit. I think it worked well enough.

She only stayed near me for a few seconds and was immediately off in a huff when she saw that I had no comestibles for her.

I captured one more photo through the bars before leaving them alone.


That was the third nice event of the morning after our trip to Perth: first breakfast, then sunflowers, and finally horses. Actually, I go by these stables fairly often but have never stopped to take photos. It was Sue's sighting of the horse with booties that caused us to pull over on this occasion. Because of that, I have something to post today.


18 comments:

roentare said...

I just love looking at horses!

Barbara Rogers said...

But you didn't share any of the pink bootied horse! I like those frames from the bars of the fence...clever!

Boud said...

I frequently pass a couple of horse stable farms, but they're on a narrow road, nowhere to pull over for pictures, though I've often wanted to. Likewise our local sunflower fields. I just admire them in passing. So thanks for your pictures.

DJan said...

I love to see horses and wish we had seen the one with pink booties. But thanks for what we did see. :-)

Marie Smith said...

Horses are always a reason to stop, or cows for that matter. What a beautiful little foal.

Vicki Lane said...

That barn is an interesting shape in the background.

gigi-hawaii said...

What nice pics! I love horses and have ridden one twice. It's ok when the horses just amble, but when it trots and you almost fall off, forget it. Never again.

Margaret said...

I walk by a mare and her foal nearly every day. She thinks I have a treat and ambles over. However, I know the owners and they don't want people feeding the horses random food. (without asking)

RedPat said...

The colt is all legs. Good shots.

Jenn Jilks said...

So, where in Perth where you?!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Lovely photo.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Granny Sue said...

Catching up with you after a few busy days here. Good that you two were able to have a bit of fun.

Anvilcloud said...

@Jenn. Just dropped in at Lanark Lifestyles for a requisition. We got it and we drove right back to CP.

DrumMajor said...

Please tell us about the booties and why they're used! Linda in Kansas

Anvilcloud said...

@Drum. This we don't know. It is unusual, and that is why we stopped for a photo.

Patio Postcards said...

Horses are the best. The pink booties might have been bell boots. The bright colours that bell boots now come in, may make it easier for the owner to find in the field if the horse looses a bell boot. Many horses wear to aid in keeping their shoes on. Many horses overreach in their step & can easily pull off a shoe, especially if they are goofing around in the field. Replacing or re-shoeing can become quite expensive. :)

Jeanie said...

Horses are a beautiful subject -- so soulful!

William Kendall said...

They make very good photo subjects.