Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sunflowers After Breakfast

After that nice breakfast (yesterday's post), we treated ourselves to a little drive to the sunflower field. It was so nice to just be out and about for just awhile.



It is just a short drive away, less than 10 minutes, and the field was quite accessible. It was past prime conditions, and there were many dried flowers, but there were many good ones too.


Sue has come a long way in the past few days and was able to get some photos. She more or less directed me on how she wanted these ↓ photos to be taken. Of course, she was scheming for her daily presentation to her photo group. She has been able to keep up with her posting by reviving old photos, but it was nice for her to have fresh fodder.



She posted a composite to her photo group.


I had been wanting to photograph the sunflowers for several weeks, but life interposed itself. In other times, I would return with my real camera in better light, but this little visit was enough for now, all things considered.






23 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

What a great composite and lovely to see Sue out and about.
Husband has just been referred to a urologist and for a scan following similar problems to yours. I'm not mentioning it on my blog yet but it seems right to say here.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh sunflower fields are so beautiful! You had a good morning to play with the camera phones and flowers! Hope all is well on both your health fronts.

Patio Postcards said...

I like Sue's collage at the end - I may scrap lift this for a page!! I am surprised that the sunflower field wasn't packed with viewers.

I am sending lots of well wishes for you & that your test results & a forth coming prescription are on today's plans. I am VERY surprised that the pharmacist couldn't/wouldn't deal with your UTI situation ...

Marie Smith said...

You both did well to be out and about. The sunflowers must have been a lovely diversion!

Margaret said...

That's a beautiful field of sunflowers! It's great to see Sue up and about, doing her photography. I forgot to ask you what you had for breakfast. Your bowl looked tempting.

RedPat said...

It is good to see you both out & about. I like the collage.

Marcia said...

THose are lovely. The theme of the Fair here this weekend is sunflowers!

gigi-hawaii said...

Beautiful sunflowers! Glad to see Sue up and about, pursuing her passion for photography.

William Kendall said...

Lovely and cheerful sunflowers!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I'm not aware of any sunflower fields in my area. This looks like fun, and so photogenic!!

J. S. Vila said...

These are really good photographs of this flowers. Is so good and fortunate to live in this wonderful área.

roentare said...

This sunflower field is gorgeous. You have captured them well.

Jeanie said...

Sue wore the right thing for sunflower photography! You have some wonderful shots here. I've never been to a sunflower field -- I would be in seventh heaven!

Jenny the Pirate said...

It's truly wonderful that the two of you were able to have a little outing. I have long said that taking pictures is nothing if not therapeutic. xoxo

Joanne Noragon said...

Sunflowers are a joy, a treat. Even the spent ones, loaded with chickadees pecking seeds, are lovely.

Catalyst said...

Well done.

Red said...

Great composite of Sue's photos.

Boud said...

These are great pictures, and I'm glad you're both up to getting out and doing them. I love sunflowers.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As you know by previous comments and also this one,,it was indeed great to see not only the beautiful sunflowers but that you were both able to get out and enjoy the day.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful!! And good to see Sue out and doing!

Jenn Jilks said...

A tricky quest, it has to be the right time of year!

Jenn Jilks said...

Glad you are both out and about, and not on your deathbeds!

Granny Sue said...

Gorgeous! I would love to see a field like that.