Saturday, August 26, 2023

Caturday 52: Sabine's First Lap Visit

Before I get on to the Caturday theme, I must refer to the dark squares in yesterday's post, which is all that some of you were able to see. They look good and moody when I am editing them, but then I forget that once I have shipped them over to Blogger, they are at a lower resolution and smaller in size. Even then, I can see them in Blogger on my computer although I admit that the the second one was quite dim. Most people viewing from good computers seem to have had no problems seeing them. In the end, however, if you couldn't see them, you didn't miss much. lol

Meanwhile, on the Caturday theme . . . Shauna recently shared this photo with us.

Sabina looks big here, but she is really a rather tiny puss.

In that photo, Sabine was cuddling in Sha's lap for the first time since her arrival six months ago, or maybe it is 8 months. While she often lies right beside Sha, this was the first lap visit, and there have been others since then.

Lacey is singularly unimpressed. However it is still rude to stick your tongue out, old puss!


Here's another of Sabine that I happened to have in my blog folder. Such a cutie.





18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That photo of Lacey is priceless!

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely cat shots! Lovely cats!

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad to see progress in the lap development. I love dear little kitty tongues sticking out.

RedPat said...

Sabine finally feels secure at home.

PipeTobacco said...

I very much like Lacey’s photo! But… Sabine…. SO, SO cute…. and the NAME “Sabine” is such a cute name, one I had not heard before you posted about her before.

PipeTobacco

Christina said...

Cats know what they want. Ours mainly food. Very occasionally she chooses to sit on my lap but I think only because I am sitting on her seat.

PipeTobacco said...

Out of curiosity…. what is the proper way to say “Sabine”? Is it….. Sa’beeeen (my imagined pronounciation), or Sa’bi’nay, or something else?

PipeTobacco

Anvilcloud said...

@Pipe. You've got it but perhaps with not so many eee's. 😁

Granny Sue said...

I am glad to know I wasn't the only one that had problems seeing yesterday's photos. I thought it was just my phone. Will look again on the laptop.
Good to hear Sabine is finally "home".

Margaret said...

Cats definitely have their "attitudes" and preferences--which they make VERY clear. :)

DJan said...

She's adorable, but Lacey takes the cake with that little tongue tip. I'm sure smiling at both kitties!

roentare said...

She looks like a star in your photos.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a perfect post for Caturday!

NGS said...

It's a real success when a cat finally sits on your lap. Way for her to be such a brave kitty!

MARY G said...

Second shot is really funny and the texture in the third is great. My YD just got back to her home from a three week holiday, and her younger cat will not get off her lap. The sitter was fine, but not quite the right person.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oooooh they are both super-cute and precious. I am a relatively new cat lover (four years) and I'm all in. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Such feline cuteness.

Jeanie said...

She's a beauty. They both are.