Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Keeping on Track

I was shocked at 8am this morning when my watch jangled unexpectedly as I was sitting here at the computer reading your posts.

It also happened last night at 2. Then, I stumbled out of bed and downed my pill as well as a cookie, for they recommend taking this antibiotic with food. Thankfully, for the second consecutive night, I was able to drift back to sleep.

What would I do without Siri to remind me to take my pill every 6 hours? 

What I would do is to forget and take it at odd hours rather than at 2, 8, 2 and 8.

Even when deaf me is sleeping, the watch will vibrate and that will awaken me. If I don't respond soon enough, sharp-eared Sue will be sure to jab me awake, bless her heart.

So between Siri and Sue, daydreaming-moi manages to keep more or less on track.

13 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Good to have your watch looking after your schedule...after all that's what time is for. In answer to your question as to my being depressed after retiring and moving to the mountains...I just was plum worn out. My last months at my job had been that of pushing myself to perform, when I needed a vacation. So I just slumped into long nights of sleep, playing around with my cats, and enjoying a few walks in the mountains. I needed a rest. Hope your UTI is successfully irradicated this time.

Margaret said...

I've gotten very spoiled with Alexa and her reminders. Of course, I have to remember to put in the reminder to start with. :) Glad you could get more sleep!

Marie Smith said...

Hope this lot of antibiotic does the trick!

Boud said...

My phone is on my case all the time with reminder chimes! Just as well, or I'd be missing appointments, pills, online events, all kinds of things.

gigi-hawaii said...

Good job! However, you have to buy the watch. Who has the money to do so? You do.

Ed said...

I use the alarm app on my iPhone quite often to set alarms for things I don't want to miss. Starting tomorrow, I'll set another daily one to remind me to pick up my littlest one from school. I never forget to take her but I've been known to let time get away from me in the afternoons!

RedPat said...

Hope the pills are doing the trick.

Jeanie said...

I hate it when I forgt. Throws the whole schedule off!

roentare said...

So Siri is your second wife?

William Kendall said...

I usually wake up before the alarm.

Joanne Noragon said...

Well done, Siri and Sue.

MARY G said...

I keep track with pill bottles placed in strategic locations and a daily routine. Why? Because I am too stupid to make my watch do the work. Yeah.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope they are working and do the trick.