Friday, August 25, 2023

A.S.S.

It's not even 10am, but I've been out to the pharmacy and then on a very brief photography exploration. I don't want to talk about the pharmacy, but I will call the photos my ASS adventure. In this case, ASS is just short for Another Short Shoot. However, you could apply the acronym to me and my life in many many ways.

There is some fog out there this monirng*, so I thought to dust the cobwebs off the camera and see what I might see in the park around the corner. Frankly, I didn't see anything worth photographing for the fog was too light to be effective. I was out already, so I drove to a nearby trail entrance. 

My first photo was of a little cluster of goldenrods by the trail entrance.


I took two photos of the this little scene. The one that I have posted ↑ is purposefully underexposed. I did take another, supposedly properly-exposed version, but I like this one better. 

From there I took two photos just a little off the trail after being attracted by the shape of the branches on the ground. I underexposed a little but it was fairly dark in there.

The branch to the left of the tree is much more visible than the one to the right.

From about the same spot, I looked to my left and decided that I liked this hanging branch with all of the little branches hanging from it. The light to the top right is distracting; if it were a serious photo, I would try to edit it away.


It would seem that I was in a dark mood this monring*, but I wasn't really. I just found the mysterious look appealing.

* Some time ago, I posted a blog about almost always typing the word, morning, incorrectly. This propensity has never ceased. I left my undeliberate typos as the were in the post above. You can see that they are different typos. What is it about that word?


17 comments:

Granny Sue said...

These look very dark on my phone, too dark to see actually. Maybe it's my phone though.

Marcia said...

Those photos are not showing much of anything on my laptop. Way too dark. Hope you will lighten them and post again.

gigi-hawaii said...

Too dark for my taste.

Boud said...

Can't quite see these.

Barbara Rogers said...

Agree with what everyone is saying...just black squares.

William Kendall said...

I slip over other words.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Mysterious!

MARY G said...

amused at the comments a out “too dark”. I enlarged,on the laptop and they sort of worked. i will try on the big computer screen later.
and I have just retyped twice to correct my m instead of spacebar habit.
we had lots of fog up nere around dawn.

Ed said...

They look fine to me but then again, I'm at my desktop with a monitor at least twice the size of the average laptop monitor.

RedPat said...

They are dark but still work for me but I am looking at them on a full size computer.

Margaret said...

They're fine and quite mysterious (atmospheric) on my laptop. Morning. morning mornnign. mornign. I'm typing the word lots of times to see what happens.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I love these! But I don't read blogs on my phone. The very idea ... anyway I do love the one with all the branches hanging down and I actually like the "distracting" light in the corner, although I see what you mean. There are words that give me a lot of trouble too, when I type. It's just teh way it is, hahaha xoxo

DJan said...

Pretty dark, all right. But interesting nonetheless.

Red said...

For me that word is diffeent. I leave out the r!

Marie Smith said...

It was quite dark that morning!

Jenn Jilks said...

They look great on my laptop!

MARY G said...

I just pulled this post up on my big screen and like the photos at that size and with that light definition. But I agree with some posters that they did not work at iPad level. You have an interesting eye - the forest floor shot is one I never would have seen.