Monday, May 15, 2023

That was Mother's Day

It was Mother's Day, apparently with an apostrophe for the singular. I've resisted it for years, but I capitulate. However, I do reserve the right to rescind my capitulation.

Sue and I drove to the park and set up chairs for the clan. While waiting, I took a phone pano, but I never seem to avoid a drop-off, and so I have the the right side tilting downward.

You might notice that Sue was well bundled. It was the wind. Whenever the breeze abated, which was seldom, the sun warmed us rather pleasantly for a few fleeting seconds.

The others came. 


There was a bit of food and the usual chit chat. Some looked youthful, happy and rather unblemished from the vicissitudes of life and aging.




Presents and cards were opened.



We might have stayed longer, but the wind was penetrating. Dani took a final group selfie, and we were on our way.





19 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Looks like a wonderful day out to celebrate the Mothers in your life. A pretty location.

William Kendall said...

It was a bit on the cool side. Excellent shots.

Marie Smith said...

It looks lovely and a great idea to try outdoors. This early in spring is too cold here for sure.

Marcia said...

After such a nice warm day on Saturday, our Sunday was cool too. My son in law prepared dinner for us all and we ate inside.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Even the weather cut short your get together, it looks like your family gathering was filled with smiles and of course a day of celebration.

Debby said...

A multiple mama celebration! It looks like it was a beautiful day. PS: the blossoms in the previous picture are just gorgeous.

Vicki Lane said...

Sue always looks great.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, this time of year the wind off water is sure cooling. Glad the sun was warm like your smiles under all of your sunglasses in the selfie! Glad you all got together and enjoyed celebrating the mother!

Boud said...

I'm glad to see pictures of a nice day out, but not sorry to miss out on the wind.

Ed said...

As someone who took probably hundreds of photos promising that I would someday somehow stitch them together and make a beautiful panorama but never did, the pano feature on my phone is one of my favorite to use!

Jenn Jilks said...

I've not used the pano feature yet. Small steps!
Looks like a great, if chilly, meet up!

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks like a great way to celebrate Mother's Day. Sorry about the wind.

Bindu said...

The group selfie by Danny is so adorable!

RedPat said...

I was out for a long walk yesterday and came back really cold. I thought it was to get warmer and just wore a t-shirt. At least you had some sun.

Red said...

Good that you took the challenge and actually got out.

Jeanie said...

It looks like a great time, if a bit brisk!

DJan said...

I really like Sue's hat. I want one just like that! Nice pictures, AC.

Margaret said...

Great photos although it's too bad that the weather wasn't a bit more comfortable! It was nearly 90 here yesterday so we were uncomfortable in a different way.

PipeTobacco said...

Nice group shots! I never much thought of the apostrophe or not. I do not know if one or the other is “official” either. I use the apostrophe somewhat grammatically I guess. When I am attempting to designate a specific person I use the apostrophe….. when I am just generally referring to the holiday, I leave it out.

PipeTobacco