Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Spam , Weeds, Tulips and Trees

The Spam filter associated with this blog has been going wild. It has been picking up possible spam from the past — the deep past. Some comments, actually many, were legit but from commenters who have since gone their own way. A few have been from someone who has since deceased. The oldest spam that has been flagged, or at least the oldest that I have noticed, was from 2007.

===============

JJ came over to help us weed. It was the plenteous low low tree seedlings (we think) that would have been back-breaking for us. They weren't in deep because there is a barrier under the mulch, but it still a would have been a very back-bending undertaking for the oldies. Meanwhile, random forget-me-nots by the bird bath in the foreground. 



=================

I returned to the blossoming trees at the park, but it was too early in the day, and the sun wasn't high enough to light them sufficiently, so I took a few more tulip photos instead. The tulip patch was in the sun, which you can tell from the very bright highlights.



Outdoor photography leaves one at the mercy of the weather. I could either put up with the too-bright highlights or give up on the photo. As usual, I chose to get what I could at the time.

I was of a mind the return to the trees one more time, but the next day (yesterday, Monday) was overcast, so the trees would have been dull. That being the case, here are a few from a previous year — May 2019 to be exact.



I am not sure what I could have done differently or better this year, but I had been hoping to try regardless.



15 comments:

William Kendall said...

Tulips are a delight.

I've been noticing in the last few days that dozens of real comments, some of them years old, and many by me, keep getting shunted into spam.

Jenn Jilks said...

I threw in some forget-me-not seeds the other day. Cross your fingers for me, but I'm not too hopeful!
Good work, JJ.
I really enjoy your photos, AC, whether or not you think they are 'perfection!'

Marie Smith said...

What a great helper you have in Jonathan. Well done young man!

Boud said...

How nice to have a bit of garden help.good for him.

I've been getting my own comments on my own blog showing up as spam!

DJan said...

Those yellow tulips are sure pretty. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely tullips...as are the tree blossoms of yore. Spam has gone down (at least the current posts of short length) but keeps on saying if it's not an "https source" that it's spam, thus some people's comments always seem to go there. Argh!

Marcia said...

I too have had the very old comments marked as spam. there were even a few of my comments responding to commenters that showed up in the spam. I have some forget me not seeds I need to plant. love those little flowers.

Jeanie said...

It seems to be a blogger thing in the spam folder. I have no idea why. My oldest? 2010. Go figure. I keep reminding myself it is free. And it's not rocket science to approve or delete. But weird.

Love your trees. I missed most of the flowering trees here -- between mobility and funky weather, I'm not sure what happened but those were factors. It's fun to see the photos no matter when they were taken.

RedPat said...

It is such a pretty time of year.

Red said...

I found the same with my spam. Many comments were from long ago. Why they were put from years ago is a mystery.

Margaret said...

That last photo is stunning! I love the tulips in the light too. How nice to have a weeder; I wish my grandsons were old enough to help me out.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful tulip captures and that last picture is so charming.

William Kendall said...

A lot of older real comments have been going into spam lately.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Older comments being flagged as spam is something I noted as of a couple of weeks ago and also posted about and, yes, some going back years and from former bloggers have been included. Nearly all those flagged as spam have been valid, but what all had in common was that they were very brief, sometimes only a couple of words.

Nice to have young help with the weeding, which in a way is nature’s form of spam😉.

Kay said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!