Thursday, May 18, 2023

54

I came across this pithy post on social media.
It's officially 'keep your winter boots at the door near your sandals' season in Canada.
It's true too. The temperature plummeted to just below freezing overnight. When I first awoke before 5, I grabbed my phone and turned the furnace on. It won't have to stay on, but it was a little warmer when I got up a half hour later.

But yesterday was our 54th anniversary, so we made the most of it, despite to cold — modestly speaking of course. I mean to say, while we didn't charter a plane to Paris, we did drive into Ottawa and have lunch out.

We always get a pizza on our anniversary because that's what we did on our wedding night. Doesn't everybody?

This time, and I think for the first time, we went out to Boston Pizza rather than having it at home We ordered their version of Hawaiian, which was not like any other Hawaiian that we have had. It was yummy: a little too spicy but very tasty.


A picture of Sue while we waited.


I experimented with a selfie, but it didn't come out well against the backlight. So Sue gave me her phone to hold pointing away from the window light. She triggered it from her watch once I was set up. That was the moment that the waitress appeared with our salad. So that was fun,


We have another tradition — fudge. We obtained that on the way home. Alas, no photo.

Until next year . . . 



22 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🥂Anniversary wishes to you both and many more to come! It was fun to read that you celebrated with a pizza meal We also celebrated an anniversary this week, only half as many years as yours, but not of our wedding. Instead, it was the anniversary of our 1st date, 26 years ago. The portrait of Sue was lovely as she quite obviously the ❤️ of your life.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Forgot to mention that the photo of the pizza, heart shaped after the first cut, was fun and yes doesn’t everybody celebrate this way?

PipeTobacco said...

I am presuming the heart shape of the pizza photo was intentional! Very nice! What flavo(u)r(s) of fudge did you consume?

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco

Patio Postcards said...

That is a great photo of Sue. She's so relaxed in front of the camera as well as behind it.

Boud said...

Happy Annie!

DJan said...

Such lovely photos. And Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the link to the hat. I think I'll skip it once I saw how much it cost!

Ed said...

Unfortunately I only like two kinds of pizza... hot and cold. I'm guessing I would have liked that one!

Jeanie said...

Happy Anniversary! (And yes, we had the same temp drop. Makes you wonder what summer will be like!)

Barbara Rogers said...

I didn't see the pineapple on that pizza, which did look full of onions! Congrats to you both for being such a photogenic couple, as well as your marriage !!

Marcia said...

Happy 54th! Pizza on your wedding day? Now that's a different tradition.
We had the every cold temps last night and frost this morning.

William Kendall said...

The cool temps happened here too.

I picked up some fudge here yesterday at Dow's Lake. I think the vendor is based out your way.

Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary! The waitress looks flustered. LOL I love Hawaiian pizza but have never had one with onions on it.

RedPat said...

Happy Anniversary. Pizza sounds like a good way to celebrate.

roentare said...

It is good that you remembered the anniversary of you two. It is so lovely to dine at the diner.

The Furry Gnome said...

Sue is such an elegant lady!

Marie Smith said...

Belated best wishes you two! Many more anniversaries to you!

Joanne Noragon said...

A great anniversary to celebrate. Congratulations and carry on!

Red said...

Happy anniversary. You celebrate in style.

Debby said...

We all have our little traditions, don't we?

Well. Except for us. We're making 25 years in a few days. If we wanted a repeat of our wedding night, we'd have to spend it in an unheated cabin in the woods with no bedding because Tim didn't know it it wasn't provided.

Kay said...

Happy Anniversary! We're going to celebrate our 50th in Tokyo this summer with the kids... if all goes well.

Susan is gorgeous! You've really captured her beautifully. And you are cute, too, John. :-)

Kay said...

I don't think I've ever had pineapple on pizza, even here in Hawaii. LOL!

MARY G said...

You need to meet the chocolate fudge at Village Treats in Lanark Village!