Friday, May 19, 2023

Blooming Profusion

I've mentioned forget-me-nots a few times already, but just in passing, and I haven't really shown any photos. So far, it has been too windy to shoot my usual close-ups, but I did take a few snaps of what is going on the the backyard.

As I have said before, I just shake and scatter seeds willy nilly when one year's blooming is done. Consequently, they grow hither, thither and yon wherever they choose. But we have quite a concentration around the bird bath.



They are in other spots too, such as in this little, almost unkempt flowerbed in the back corner.

The lilac bush is also in bloom in this rather poor snapshot.

I know these photos leave a lot to be desired for they were just taken with the telephoto lens that we have by the back door for the birdbath and chipmunk photos. I may take more proper photos if and when the weather improves.


15 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm just glad they stood still from the wind so you could snap them in photos. Isn't spring full of joy - flowers and weather that jumps willy nilly everywhere!

Boud said...

I love forget me nots. Wonder if I can find any seeds.

Bindu said...

Is it okay to ask for more photos of those plants? I like to see the leaves too.

Granny Sue said...

How beautiful. I just planted some I bought at a farmer's market. I hope I can get them to spread like yours!

gigi-hawaii said...

I love lavender. Your previous photos of Sue and the food are delightful.

William Kendall said...

These are lovely.

Margaret said...

I love the riot of color! There are probably so many around the bird bath because of the water?

RedPat said...

They are such cheerful little flowers.

Marcia said...

I love 'em!

Megan said...


When our lovely dog died before Christmas the dog crematorium gave us a packet of forget-me-not seeds which we planted and can now look at the flowers and remember Stan. A great idea!

roentare said...

The purple colour are just blending into the green beautifully

Agnes CF Lee said...

nice to have flowers blooming around..we are experiencing hot spell here..hoping for rain to cool the weather down a bit.

Marie Smith said...

Love the wild look of the forget-me-nots. When I see them here, I think of you and remember about your father.

Kay said...

Your Forget-Me-Nots are beautiful. My daughter just told me that lilac bushes are in bloom in Illinois. I love spring in the Midwest... or anywhere actually.

MARY G said...

They're fine! Lovely colour and you caught it.