Sunday, May 07, 2023

Shooting Sue — Twice, to Make Sure

Spring green is a good green, especially when the trees are leafing out but not fully there. There's something about the feathery look. 

Under the circumstances, Sue decided that it would be a good time for her spring shoot for her photo group. They hadn't called for it yet, but the timing was good.

We needed to find the same spot as the winter photo of the seasonal stream. This is not new to you.

We found the spot, but so did another couple.


We decided to return around the same time on the next day, Saturday. Sue chose that time, around mid afternoon, to get the shadows of the branches again, but we had to sit on that bench for awhile and wait for the sun to come out from behind the clouds.

The obligatory selfie was snapped in the interim.


The sun did come out, so I shot Sue again. 


She deserved it.

And so did I.






18 comments:

MARY G said...

A fun idea. One thing I noticed is the difference in how the shadows lean, even though it is the same time of day. Differences in sun position. I recall your comment about marking the season by when the sun starts to hit your computer screen. Here it is where the sun is in relation to my favourite seat on the screened porch.

Anvilcloud said...

@Mary. I now have to pull the curtains in the monring because it being hit full on.
Er, I mean draw the blinds. 🤓

RedPat said...

good one. Worth the wait for the sun to move.

Margaret said...

Lovely shots! There is beauty in both the seasons.

Marcia said...

Weather has improved here too. Just was out reading the Sunday paper on the deck.

Sue nailed both shots. Or should I say, you did?

William Kendall said...

What a contrast between seasons.

Marie Smith said...

That is a lovely area to return to for photographs!

The Furry Gnome said...

Lookin good!

PipeTobacco said...

I thought this was an especially nice selfie!!!! I also really enjoy the one where you are sitting on the park bench. I like the “observed, observer” perspective of it!!!!

Joanne Noragon said...

Spring green is so beautiful. Unlike none other.

Celia said...

Really nice. What a great idea.

MARY G said...

I'm rather in love with the empty location shot that comes first, too. A dream scene.

peppylady (Dora) said...

The last photo is quite peaceful.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

roentare said...

This is incredible change of scenery in the same location. I love to revisit the same spot making different memories

Vicki Lane said...

The makings of a fine series!

Jenn Jilks said...

This really is delightful!

Bindu said...

Sue and umbrella! Love her

Kay said...

Oh! I love Sue in different seasons!