Saturday, May 27, 2023

Preoccupied

Where did the week go? Where was I? I must have been preoccupied this week.

I ask because when I checked my reader app for your posts yesterday, I found more than 80 that were unread. Some people had four unread entries, which would mean that I had, somehow, not read any posts for a number of days.

It was afternoon after a fairly busy day and also only a day after that procedure of which I wrote about in yesterday's post. I was tiredly slumped in my chair, and I began to make an effort to read your magnificent prose on my tablet, but I confess to failing for the most part. I was too tired and the list too long.

Oh, I managed to get through a few but commented on even fewer.

Then, I marked them all as read, even though they weren't, and will begin anew. But maybe not even today.

Why was I so tired? Well, aside from that earlier medical procedure. I had dragged myself and my catheter out for coffee with a friend. Then, I did some shopping for light sweat pants — something that would fit over the leg bag. I already have sweatpants, but it is getting warmer, and I wanted something lighter to get me through that next couple of weeks. I generally wear shorts in summer, but one simply cannot go about with a bag of urine on display.

You don't need the details, but pants were bought and other stops were made, and AC became a tired boy, who for the most part, gave up on blog reading.

But not posting. As you can see.

We'll see if I can do better in the near future.


18 comments:

roentare said...

You take care. I also found a lot of blog updates not refreshing properly either. Sometimes comments went into spam folder for no clear reasons. It is daunting to do catch up on comments too.

Boud said...

Blogging s a hobby, not an obligation, so it's ok not to keep up. Except my blog of course, which is required reading! :)

DJan said...

I understand about getting behind in reading posts and wondering how it happened. I have found that if I simply mark a post with a "like" after reading, I can save myself the hassle of commenting if I've really got nothing to say. :-)

Bindu said...

You blog every day. Really great work! Take care!

RedPat said...

Rest up!

PipeTobacco said...

The catheter is exhausting to deal with and wear, I am sure….. and all the procedures too. Just do what you can. Save energy.

PipeTobacco

Jeanie said...

I get that. It's hard to keep up if you miss a day or two -- especially since a number of people (like you!) post daily! So, sometimes I'll glance at all and comment on a few when that schedule thing happens. We live life, we shouldn't live blog. Everyone has permission to live life first!

Christina said...

Rest up and come back to blog reading later. My prose for sure can wait! Shopping is tiring at best of times, more so when you are uncomfortable.

Red said...

Looking after yourself is the first priority.

Marie Smith said...

Rest, AC. Take care!

Celia said...

Please rest up and heal.

Vicki Lane said...

What a bummer! I hope this gets resolved soon.

William Kendall said...

Keep up at your own pace.

gigi-hawaii said...

I understand.

Jenn Jilks said...

You need to look after yourself, and not worry about reading. Our cats always know when we are sick and snuggle more!

Margaret said...

Dang, I hadn't thought about the clothing problem. Glad it was resolved! Getting some rest is more important than commenting on blogs. :)

Debby said...

Oh, my gosh! You are forgiven. For pete's sake man! You're dealing with some large scale issues right now. We'll all cut you a break!

Kay said...

I'm just so glad you're here, John. I keep waiting for Arkansas Patti to come back.