Sunday, May 14, 2023

Blossoms and Tulips

The neighbours' tree is blossoming splendidly, but the local composition with cars and townhouses isn't the best, so we drove to St James Park where there is a row of similar trees. They were also showing nicely, so the camera was pressed into service. 

Considering the background (signs, poll, fire hydrant), it can also be difficult here to get a good composition, but here is a photo.


It was near noon and the light was getting harsh. I would like to return earlier in the day and with my tripod and take a bit more time and care.

Here is another photo with just a corner of blossoms along with some tulips and town hall in the background.


Speaking of tulips, I took two other photos. The building in the background is the former Boulton Brown Mill, now condos.



Sue took some tulip photos too.


I  must endeavour to return soon, weather permitting.




13 comments:

roentare said...

These flowers are just amazing!

Boud said...

I do like flower pictures. Thanks for these.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful blossoms!

Marie Smith said...

Glorious blooms with that new green!

Christina said...

Spring colours are just the best!

DJan said...

I like them all, especially the first one.

Jeanie said...

That tree is a dazzler. Well done on the composition -- I know that's not easy!

RedPat said...

I like your tree shots too. The heat this week has made the blossoms come & go quickly here.

Margaret said...

I love the framing in the second photo although you know from my blog that I'm a sucker for pink trees and tulips!

Joanne Noragon said...

The picture prior to Sue is my favorite.

Red said...

With blooms we have to get them as they are soon gone. Sometimes the good chances are few.

MARY G said...

Oh lovely! I think the Bolton Mill background shot is the best for atmosphere.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is a wonderful time of year! Those trees are amazing.