Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Other Photos

These are the other photos that I experimented with whilst I was waiting for the light to reach the clock tower as we discussed in yesterday's postGolden Light on the Tower.

You saw this ↓ section of falls/rapids previously, but I used my longest lens this time – 400mm – fully extended. I wanted to focus on the brightest part to the lower left of centre, below. This was as close as that lens could get from across the river.

I did crop that photo ↑ into this ↓ rendition, but it still doesn't accomplish what I was hoping for.

By the way, that ↑ shot (for it is the same photo in both images) was at 5 seconds. Usually, moving water is taken at a lesser speed, but 5 seconds in low light worked well enough in this case.

This ↓ is a different section of the waterfall at 2.5 seconds, just a little farther to the right of the previous photos.

Meanwhile, along with taking those ↑ pictures and also waiting for light to reach the tower, I happened to look way off the other direction and saw light on the church. Like the waterfall pics, above, it as taken at full 400mm zoom.

I like it, but there are signs — 3 to be exact. After some work in photoshop ↓ they were gone.

It looks good to me.

16 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so patient with all this! Well done.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sweet church photo, especially the cleaned up version!

DJan said...

Awesome! You sure do have a lot of fun with your photos.

Vicki Lane said...

I love the lighted door pics!

MARY G said...

There is an evil satisfaction in editing out signs and other annoyances like power lines. I like it that you always label an edit. I think that should be done. I was amused by complaints, a few years ago, about an advertisement for the Winterlude in Ottawa that showed a photo where the Parliament buildings were seen above the canal. (The buildings don't show in real life.) The edit was roundly scolded.
As we have, I think, discussed, I like my water crisp, not moving. But your light spot photos are beautiful, nonetheless.

Margaret said...

The lighted door is comforting and very inviting.

Tabor said...

Like you, I like to get rid of the extraneous. It distracts and ruins the mood. I used to practice with water shots, but have not tried that in years. These are all album worthy.

RedPat said...

I love the light in the doorway.

William Kendall said...

Lovely waterfalls.

Kay said...

I LOVE your water photos. Photoshop is so helpful!

Joanne Noragon said...

The church is the best. Well done.

The Furry Gnome said...

Very nice!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like you like taking photo
Coffee is on and stay safe

dellgirl said...

As usual, your photos are absolutely captivating . . . truly BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing with us. Wishing you well, my friend! Have a wonderful week!

NGS said...

You live in such a beautiful area. I'm so impressed with all you do to document it.

roentare said...

It is not easy to stay steady for 400mm on a long exposure. Yet, the higher aperture leads to diffraction in which I see none here.
Beautiful shot you got here.