Thursday, September 22, 2022

An Unfoggy Morning

I went to bed in a fog, and I got up in a fog.

Naturally, you suspect that I write of an internal fog in my slowly atrophying brain. While that is normally a quite valid assumption, today I am speaking of actual atmospheric fog. Indeed, it was very foggy when I went to bed around 10:30 last night and also very foggy when I arose around 4:30, with the assistance of the most blessed Lacey the Cat.

If I remain motionless, she normally doesn't linger on me for long when we wants me out of bed, but she wasn't budging on this day. Full disclosure: my repose was probably all but done in any case, but I like to give the furry muffin her due credit.

I settled myself at the computer with coffee, did the stuff that I do, and purposed to go out closer to 6 o'clock.

Having done just that, the fog was all but gone when I got out to the car. Just to be sure, I headed to a spot where I might get car lights in the fog if there were any, but there wasn't to speak of.. I turned to go home but then hung a left instead of a right and found myself back at the park from which I can see the little waterfalls as well as town hall.

Every morning looks a little different, and I thought that was true of town hall although I can't quite tell you what was different. Maybe it is just my imagination.


When I looked toward the waterfall area, I was seeing more mist in the air below the light than I had seen previously. Or remembered seeing previously.

Meanwhile, I have another of those minimalist photos from the previous walk in Riverside park that I posted about here, yesterday. I am not as chuffed with it as the others which I posted, but I kind of like just the duck and the little trailing wake.



11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Your early morning forays yield great results, AC. Love that reflection!

Jeanie said...

Fog seems to have seasons and early autumn is one of them. Maybe it's the change in temperatures. Clearly, it makes for good photos. Although even when it dissipates, as you showed us, it makes for good photos!

Vicki Lane said...

I love the reflection! Such still water.

Barbara Rogers said...

I like your two early (or not so early) morning shots over water.

Celia said...

Amazing pond photo. I'm glad to see the start of fall, won't miss the 100+ hot days not even when the snow comes. We live in the desert side of WA state but our town is built on kind of an oasis, lots of small stream running through it and one big one that help generate fogs later on. I sort of enjoy how quiet everything is.

RedPat said...

I really like these minimalist shots.

Kay said...

I do love those mysterious fog photos. I guess it's because we don't get them here on Oahu. I love walking in fog in Illinois.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are wonderful!

Terrible fire in CP. Such a shame. We were by there in September. Or was it August?!

The Furry Gnome said...

That certainly is a minimalist photo!

William Kendall said...

The most blessed Lacey is an appropriate title.

Margaret said...

I adore reflection photos! And the duck with its wake is stunning.