Monday, September 12, 2022

The Church Revisited

We ended yesterday's post with this ↓ photo. You may recall that I had eliminated some signage in edit.


The next morning, I returned to the church. Rather than shooting from far away, and thereby having to include distracting signs again, I decided to get close and eliminate distractions that way.

So from shooting at 400 mm with a telephoto lens, I found myself very close to the building and shooting with a wide angle lens at 15 and 16mm. Quite a difference.

I stationed myself directly in front of that marvellous door and took the first photo in vertical (aka portrait) mode. Of course, I had to tip the camera upward, which resulted in the steeple leaning way back in the photo. I really had to compensate and straighten things up in edit: 15 second exposure.


The next photo was taken in horizontal or landscape mode 10 minutes after the first, so is brighter, which I think is better in this case. It also required quite a lot of perspective correction in edit.

 
I am still being plagued by blank skies, but that is the way the cookie, er images, crumble, and I think the blue is passable.

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The first to second photos are gorgeous! I love the subtle change in light between two and three.

Patio Postcards said...

What a beautiful church building. I like the first photo. The light brings a little mystery to the scene.

RedPat said...

I really like the last shot.

MARY G said...

Last one for me, too. Although plain skies in the morning, evenings have produced fine sunsets.

Margaret said...

I love all the photos but I'm still enamored with the first.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh the softness of the blues is really outstanding in the second...the first has good contrast of stone to sky, but the second seems as if sky has turned the stone to rich blues too.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done, you early bird!

Joanne Noragon said...

This has been a lovely study.

Boud said...

I commented and it hasn't posted.maybe in your spam file, AC, again.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Jeanie said...

That door is fabulous!