Thursday, September 29, 2022

Feeling Disinvited

I am not altogether pleased this morning, which happens to be Wednesday, but who knows when this post will see light of day — if ever. 

Autumn is happening. Colour is appearing. And I feel stuck.

This morning, I was prepared to head out with the camera. I was ready in plenty of time, but, alas, when dawn came, it was overcast and bleak — again! Not only that, but it was windy., which is not exactly desirable for photographing foliage.

I got back into my slouch-around-the-house clothes and brewed a second cup.

We’re still in early days of fall, but it is a short season, and with the weather being disinviting and uninspiring, I begin to despair. 

11 comments:

William Kendall said...

It shall pick up. Eventually.

Patio Postcards said...

The weather has been miserable these last few days in our region also; chilly, windy, wet a rather bleak day combination. The forecast is for the sun to return & some warmer days around Thanksgiving. I wonder if planning for a few treats kept as a secret stash for days like those of the last week will help & I don't necessarily mean edible treats, would help ward off some of that despair. I have a DVD series that I got for my birthday that I am holding back for dreary days of November. :)

Barbara Rogers said...

Weather is uncooperative for many of us these days. Just throw a few hurricanes in the mix, and there goes another week! Actually we have beautiful sunny weather right now...but we know the storm will dump a lot of rain on us soon. Just a pawn or a leaf floating on the stream of life.

DJan said...

I hope you will soon be able to grace your blog with lovely fall pictures. I know you'll keep trying. :-)

Ed said...

This post saw the light of day rather quickly!

Vicki Lane said...

Hope your weather clears soon so we can see more of your marvelous pictures!

Margaret said...

We've had a couple of semi-gray days but we'll see some improvement soon. Mid 70s to low 80s and sun-very weird weather for us this time of year. Hope you'll soon be able to get out!

RedPat said...

I am not looking for ward to winter.

Jeanie said...

The past couple of days were grim and gloomy. Today is lovely. Today I have pneumonia. Not going anywhere. This doesn't seem fair. But then, I don't have a back spasm -- I think I'd rather have pneumonia.It's a toss up.

Joanne Noragon said...

Our talking heads are forecasting the worst winter in some time.

Marie Smith said...

The good days of autumn are early in the season.

I don’t know how I missed some of your posts, AC.