Saturday, September 03, 2022

Caturday 39: I Knows Whats I lIkes

I think this ↓ girl is saying, "What!? It's nine o'clock, and you still haven't laid out my breakfast. How uncouth and uncivil! I may have to take the matter up with the authorities."

YET! And I say YET! again. When breakfast does come to pass, my offering may not suit the royal puss. Would you believe that she likes pate and that she particularly like a certain brand. But not chicken pate!

I knew that she usually has little truck with meat. She's kind of a seafood gal, doncha know?

But I thought that, since she so likes tuna pate of this brand, she might find the chicken pate acceptable.

Silly me!

She. Would. Not. Deign. To Even. Touch. It.

I should have known, but at least I was cautious enough to have only purchased one container.

It was, however, an expensive container. This brand is hard to find. At the only place that I can be almost sure to find it, it costs more than $2 for one small container. If I shop on seniors' Thursday, which I do, I get a 20% discount. That mollifies me a tad, but it is still a lot more pricey than other brands.

The chicken had been an experiment. If she had liked it, I could have begun to buy in bulk from Amazon. There, I can purchase packs of 12 – six tuna and six chicken – at a semi-reasonable price. However, I have been truly thwarted.

I swear that I agonize longer in the cat food aisle of the grocery store than all other aisles combined, and this rejection is all that I get for my troubles.

16 comments:

Boud said...

There's only one thing worse: the cat eagerly eats her food, you get it in a large quantity ,suddenly she refuses it entirely. I've seen case lots offered on free cycle for this reason.

William Kendall said...

Cats are quite particular about certain things.

DJan said...

A girl knows what she wants. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

I probably also was staring at different foods on the shelf when I had cats to feed. But now there are a lot less cans available there. The market tries to look full by putting a whole lot of what they have out...but certain things just aren't there. I feel for you!

Vicki Lane said...

I recognize that look. Fortunately, my two cats like plain dry catfood. But they are terrible offended by the sight of the bottom of the bowl--even if there's a heap of food on one side.

Karen said...

Mine have gone of kibble completely, and only want Friskies Turkey and Giblets Pate. I buy their food by the case so I'm hoping they get sick of the turkey, y'know.

Marcia said...

She probably no more finicky than some humans and after all she only eats one food. What if you just left it there? Would she get hungry enough to eat it?

MARY G said...

Yes, indeed. I have had the same type of problem with the YD's pampered lady. What she will eat one day, she will not look at the next day. The granddog, however, liked all type of cat food, and if Her Majesty turned something down, the dog was right there, licking her lips.
Love your cat photos. You have the indignation just right.

Margaret said...

She does look outraged! Mari has chicken and turkey dry food only. She is looking over my shoulder now, feeling very jealous.

RedPat said...

They know what they like and that is all they want. How dare you try to change her.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Pretty Kitty
Coffee is on and stay safe

Kay said...

Oh my goodness! She's as picky as my grandson.

roentare said...

She looks so comfortable and at ease. One can tell she is well loved. The photography is excellent in creating that sense of relaxation.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This was so humorous. Your picture of your finicky cat goes so well with the post. What is it about cats that makes them so particular? WE had a cat for 19 years, whom we loved to pieces, and he had us pretty well trained. (Although, we never gave him pate.)

Jenn Jilks said...

We are facing the same issue. Nutmeg just licks off the gravy for some. They don't eat the meat. They are having only crunchies for a week. I gae Butch the leftover food in the dishes. What a pain!

Jeanie said...

I just hate it when I get Lizzie her premium food and she turns her nose up at it. She seems to have gone off chicken, too and is now very into seafood. I wish I'd known before I stocked up on chicken cans. Our deal is "you eat it or just your kibble" and you get it for the two full days out of the can." Often it is gone by the end of the day or overnight. I would have been a bad mother, I think. "You don't like pork tenderloin, green beans and mashed potato? Well, tomorrow we'll have something different. Have a nice sleep." Probably not... but who knows.