Thursday, September 08, 2022

Back to St James Park

AC (that's me) got back to his early morning photo prowling yesterday. With the sun rising later, it makes the morning less rushed. I arose at 5, didn't rush my coffee, and was onsite shortly after 6. Of course, one also has to deal with cooler mornings now, but I just dressed more warmly than has been usual. And it wasn't too awfully cold yesterday, probably about 14/15C when I got out there.

I headed to a spot that I had gone to maybe two months ago, but I used longer lenses this time.

Although I hadn't particularly intended to photograph town hall for what must be the umpteenth time, it draws me anyway. 

I wish I had left a little more headroom for the flag ↓ but Hey! it was early after all. I don't think I need to describe the series, for it is all plain enough. (As usual, the images appear darker to me than when I edit them large. That's how it goes, and you are used to this by now.)




Then, I took a photo of the lights from a restaurant near the rapids, just as I had done last time.


A little later I took a half-second exposure to get a different effect on the water. I cropped it mightily in edit, for this ↓ is the photo that I have had most in mind since the initial visit.

There were several other experiments as it got lighter, but I wasn't overjoyed by the results, so that's it for this post.

8 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

That first photo is fabulous - the colours set quite a mood. In your last two photos I thought the foam of the rapids looked a little like that "s" stuff we'll see in a few months!!

William Kendall said...

I do like these.

DJan said...

I really like the second one.

Barbara Rogers said...

I get confused by rapids and then still water reflections...for me they don't connect well in my brain. So I vote for numero uno today.

Marie Smith said...

My favourite is the second one.

RedPat said...

I like the clock tower the best.

Margaret said...

I vote for #2. There is one upside down--is that deliberate?

roentare said...

Wonderful photography especially the reflections.