Friday, September 16, 2022

The Other Balaclava Photos

Once we were done with ye olde sawmill, we looked around nearby. There isn't much around the ghost town, although town is scarcely the right word — one house across the road, one beside the mill, and one around the corner.

There was a barn and a truck belonging to the third house which lies around the bend that will appear further down this post. It was golden hour, and I liked the soft effect on the old truck. The camera picked up more of a misty effect than I noticed in person  


A little farther over was just a field. The light was still good but not quite as good.

I mentioned that there was a house around the bend. You can just see the fence off to the right in front of it here  . I didn't include the actual house, for I was mainly photographing the bend and thinking what a nice scene it would be in a few weeks time when the autumn colours come out. By the time I took this photo, golden hour had all but passed.

I'm not sure what Nick was photographing here: maybe also the truck.

Then, it was time for the drive home.

11 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I think this could be a site for future photo adventures - exploring Balaclava in all seasons.

Marie Smith said...

I love that third photo especially. That’s a keeper.

DJan said...

Nice misty shots.

gigi-hawaii said...

Those golden photos have a surreal effect. Unusual images. Good outing with Nick. I like the photos in your previous post too.

Margaret said...

I love those misty shots--almost like a dream!

RedPat said...

The misty shots are great.

William Kendall said...

Definitely return for the fall colours.

roentare said...

Exploration can be so addictive with a camera in hand. But the thrill of accidentally walking into a private land and facing a landowner pointing a rifle at you are certainly no fun ...

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice

Kay said...

I like that second shot because of the contrast with the house on the left.

I was just looking at your personal information on your sidebar. Gosh! Similar to mine in age, occupation and children (except I have a son and daughter) and we've been married for 50 years in January of next year.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely foggy shots. Well done.