Friday, September 09, 2022

A Pair of Buzzers

I did warn you that there would likely be one more round of bee photos, and here we are.

This time, I was hoping to capture a bee in flight. I did capture several but very poorly and blurry. This is the best of several, and, as you can see, it's no great shakes.


Happily, however, it did lead to me being able to photograph two bees working on the same flower, and I kind of liked that.



Will I try one more time? There is a slight possibility, but the plant has been well worked, and I am not sure how much use it now is for the bees. I am pleased to know that the joe pye has provided so much nectar for quite along time.


13 comments:

William Kendall said...

It is remarkable to watch them at work.

DJan said...

I sure do enjoy your buzzy portraits.

NGS said...

I have to agree that these are really fun to see. It's important that we have native plants like Joe-Pye and these photos really show why!

Vicki Lane said...

These are wonderful!

Tabor said...

i love the busy pollinators. I spent some time taking blurry photos of bees, maybe I will try again later.

RedPat said...

I have let my basil go to seed and the bees are loving the flowers. there are always a few around.

Margaret said...

I love seeing the two together. They aren't territorial like hummingbirds.

gigi-hawaii said...

Very nice work.

MARY G said...

Well,done!

Joanne Noragon said...

Keeping occupied. You and the bees.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Capturing a 🐝 or any other flying insect in flight is not an easy task, so your patience and result is commendable. My attempts when we had a flower garden were always well intentioned, but not so productive as yours. In truth, I was always a bit concerned about possibly being stung by the subject matter.

Kay said...

These are great photos of the bees at work. I happen to be reading an Outlander book called Go Tell the Bees I Am gone. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

I was trying to rid the back lawn of Thistle. The bees attacked me, as there is an underground nest! I screamed like a girl!