Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Resumption of Hockey

Jonathan played his first hockey game in long awhile, or I should say the first in-town game that we have been able to attend. After the league was able to resume several weeks ago, at least two games have been cancelled, one due to a covid alert on our team and one on the other team.

We are normally ending the season now with payoffs on the horizon, but it was make-up league game that we attended. As of now, I am not sure what the immediate plans are for the league, whether they will attempt to have genuine playoffs or just continue with make-up games.

I got a handful of decent photos, but none of JJ this time. I did get a few photos of him, but they weren't interesting ones, so I scrapped them. Maybe I will do better next time, assuming there is a next time this season.

It was a tough game for both the boys and the photographer. The boys lost very badly in a lopsided match. This was against a team that they went toe-to-toe with a few years ago, but a handful of our top players moved up to the travel team. It was also a bit hard for the photographer who almost forgets how to do it after a long layoff and also because I didn't have the opportunity to get many shots. Play was often at the other end of the rink, and when it was nearer, our guys didn't have to puck very often.

On to the photos. The first is a goal celebration by the other team after one of their many goals. I think this was their female player. 


They/She was noticeable in many of my photos, including some that I will post below.









9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What will our grandchildren remember about these times, I wonder?

DJan said...

Great Scott! Er, I mean "great shots" !

Barbara Rogers said...

I love No.3, with a reach by a player on one leg...the other way up in the air!

MARY G said...

Hey, pretty good for a long layoff. Both the kids and the photographer. I am playing with my iPhone camera, off and on. Off mostly the last couple of days as the weather is, um, nasty.
Hope your grandkid's team gets it back together. I am sure they will. Nice to see a girl playing something other than goal.

Margaret said...

I think they're spectacular photos--action shots are very difficult to capture. As I mentioned before, my late husband bought a fancy camera to try to get good photos of my daughter's gymmnastics meets. But he was too far away, the light in the gym was too dim and everything happened too fast.

Jeanie said...

Well, I think the photographer did pretty well! I have a terrible time with things that move. I need a faster lens to be sure! I look forward to the day I can go to some kind of grand kid game. I hope it's not football...

William Kendall said...

Good action shots!

Red said...

Excellent shots with sticks and feet. Those are the details in good skating and puck handling.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope this is just the first of many this year. Good luck.