Friday, February 04, 2022

Circling the Drain

A short while ago, I posted that I can get along on 6 hours of sleep, if I can also have about a 10 minute afternoon nap.

Then, I went for 4 days of barely 6 hours and no nap and felt like I was beginning to circle the drain.

A good thing happened on that night. I slept for a long 6 hours instead of a short 6 hours. I approached 7 hours instead of not quite making it to 6. I wish I had gotten all of the way to 7, but, alas, I didn't make it that far.

I must have slept very soundly, for Sue reported that the cat was on the bed a lot and even on top of me. I wasn't the least bit aware.

So, I will survive.

Survive by not swirling down that dreaded drain for another day.



10 comments:

Debby said...

"circle the drain" What a perfect turn of a phrase. The visuals. It all works. I've circled the drain a bit myself. Glad you did not disappear down it.

Marie Smith said...

I guess when you’re tired enough, you sleep. That’s the way it is with me anyway.

DJan said...

I need eight hours but it's not all deep sleep. Glad to know you managed to get almost 7 hours and are no longer circling the drain. :-)

MARY G said...

I get cross and cranky and if necessary drop nearest and dearest into the closest drain.
Glad you made up a bit of time.

Karen said...

I'm getting by on about six hours too. About every second day the nap calls for a catch up.

Margaret said...

Total exhaustion sometimes works wonders for the sleep pattern. Other times, not so much.

NGS said...

It's crazy how different people have such different needs. If I don't get eight hours, I'm dead on my feet by 3:30pm. Ideally I get closer to 9 hours! If I were living on six hours of sleep, I would be a zombie.

Celia said...

Glad to hear you un-circled the drain. Having our sleep messed up ruins a day for cerain.

William Kendall said...

I am not sleeping well at present, but that's due to the present nonsense in the city.

Jeanie said...

A good sleep is a great gift! Glad you got one!