Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Clouds Rolled In and the Light Went Out

When we were sitting in the enjoying our coffee (and donuts) after Sue's jab (which I was just told is a jag in Scotland, which for some reason pleases me to now end) we spotted the sun highlight cattails over yonder between the trees. It looked good, and since I had my camera in the car, I decided to amble over.

However, as soon as I exited the car, clouds covered the sky or at least the portion over the reeds. You can see the gloom in Sue's phone photo as I headed over. The patch to which I am referring is just to the right of my hat. It is plain to see that they were no longer exactly bathed in light. Sigh.


I got over there and waited and waited. Oh, I probably didn't wait all that long, but as I kept eying the sky, the return of Miss Sunshine did not exactly seem imminent, and I wasn't in a mood to wait for a  long time. I might have persisted longer, but it was also cool and miserably windy, and I am nothing if not a wimp.

The sun did peek out a bit, briefly, but not in the way that we had seen it in the car. I took a photo and brightened it in post to give the general idea, but it is not the same as what we had seen.




16 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats to Sue in the second jag. Yes, that is a unique term. And I also have often waited for a better photo opp, but then just being in that nice setting you showed seemed pleasant enough, except for the weather.

William Kendall said...

Sun is certainly elusive this morning.

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad you were able to catch a bit of sunshine, 'cause this photo with the bright grass and branches shadowed on the trunks does speak of sunshine. Isn't cold weather a trial!

Marcia said...

we are expecting lots of rain today but as I write this the sun is out. We had planned a driving trip to southern NH and lunch out but warning light on car for seatbelt/airbag system came on. Decided a long drive was not the best idea. Doubly snake bit as Dan put it: rain and warning light.

Hope Sue's "jag" has no side effects. Daughter and son in law get theirs today.

Tom said...

...we have had our second vaccinations of over a month, but we are still extremely careful. Yesterday we have a similar sunny, but cold day. Today it is snowing. Happy spring.

Jenn Jilks said...

The sunshines was so spotty. You did well.
Good for Sue and her vax. Our 2nd isn't until August.
Snowy day!!!

Ed said...

I am not a patient photographer. All my good photos are happenstance.

Margaret said...

I'm with Ed; I've taken a few accidentally good shots, but mostly am impatient and unimaginative. With the weather improving (?), you'll have lots more opportunities for photos. Yay for vaccinations and jags/jabs.

Mara said...

Congratulations on getting shot. Or perhaps the shot sounds better. Anyway, congrats.

I have that with animals. I see one, want to take a photo and then they turn and are off. Especially birds and deer. Annoying.

DJan said...

It's still a lovely photo.

Mage said...

Yes, I shall have to remember jag. That's a good picture of you too.

Marie Smith said...

What’s with so much wind. Enough already!

Should Fish More said...

Apropos of nothing, except my memory of 55 years ago:

"Fog's rollin' in off the East River bank
Like a shroud it covers Bleecker Street
Fills the alleys where men sleep
Hides the shepherd from the sheep
Voices leaking from a sad cafe
Smiling faces try to understand
I saw a shadow touch a shadow's hand
On Bleecker Street."

Simon and Garfunkle

Debby said...

It snowed this morning at my house.

Joanne Noragon said...

That sky is indeed lowering.

Kay said...

Aha! You're wearing the cap with the matching shirt!