Thursday, April 15, 2021

AC Revises His Post

I had some semi serious pandemic stuff in this post, but I have revised twice in a major way and eliminated that completely because I am weary of it all. I am sure that there will be more to write, and likely sooner than later, but for now, let us ignore Jake Tapper's slamming of our country in favour of a wee bit of humour. 

First, I stumbled across this ↓ juxtaposition of two consecutive posts on my FB stream. For a brief moment, I read them as one and wondered: What the heck?! Did the poster find a giraffe costume, the letter K, or what? Call it a giraffe gaff on my part, for I didn't notice the word, visa, at first. I do tend to skim and miss things.


Shortly thereafter and just a few posts down from the giraffe, this tickled my funny bone.


This was on the morning, when Lacey was insistent that I arise at 5:30 after a short night by continually headbutting me and gently gnawing on my arm. I got up and hand-fed her kibble, which is our usual morning ritual. Then, the imp went off for a nap while I was left sitting in a bit of a stupor.

So here is a cat post although Lacey is a feline who does not do boxes. She is not normal, I tells yiz.


For my final attempt at humour, I offer this graphic to fully explain how to recognize Canada Geese.


I wish y'all a fine Thursday.

18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the geese one especially. Have a great day!

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for an enjoyable start for my day! Much better than virus numbers!

Vicki Lane said...

The one about the new life in Poland is my favorite! LOL!

Patio Postcards said...

Yes laughter is the best medicine.

Ed said...

My solution to Tapper and political pundits in general, don't watch them. I can formulate opinions just fine without their help.

The last one about the Canadian geese is my favorite!

Mara said...

It all definitely beats that dreaded C-word!

Shammickite said...

Love the funny about cats in boxes.... I had a lovely cat a long time ago who absolutely loved being inside anything, especially large paper bags.

William Kendall said...

Lacey has you well trained.

gigi-hawaii said...

Haha. Just what I needed. I just love the joke about ending up in Poland.

Margaret said...

My favorite is the Poland one too. I didn't hear what Tapper said, so now I have to go watch it and get mad on your behalf.

Marcia said...

I didn't get the giraffe one but the hand wave and cat in the box were precious. Thanks for making me laugh today.

MARY G said...

The ancient English teacher does her thing. (I had to look them up to make sure I was getting the 'e' on the right one.)

gaffe /ɡaf/noun
an unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder. "an unforgivable social gaffe"

gaff1 /ɡaf/
noun
1.a stick with a hook or barbed spear, for landing large fish.
2.SAILING
a spar to which the head of a fore-and-aft sail is bent.
"a gaff-rigged cutter"
verb
seize or impale with a gaff.
"the whales are gaffed, speared, or knifed to death"

Tip Similar-sounding words gaff is sometimes confused with gaffe

DJan said...

Thanks for the laugh out loud funnies! :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

My cat does not do boxes, either, except sometimes to sit on one, which is not in one.

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! The bottom one (geese) is especially fun! I have been watching a show on (I think) National Geographic which is called “Life Below Zero-Northwest Territories” which is a spin-off of “LBZ - Alaska”. One of the Canadian fellows, who is Inuit, is VERY fond of using “Eh” more so than any other Canadian I have met. It is quite interesting how he uses it. The other people on the show use the term only occasionally, which is more to what I am used to hearing from my Canadian friends.

I am still a bit flummoxed about what the giraffe picture is about in regards to finding someone’s Visa card. If you could explain that one, I would be appreciative.

I can understand your COVID saturation. I too am there, and it is disheartening that my Governor is just ignoring CDC recommendations. I am fearful it may still get MUCH worse now.

PipeTobacco

Rita said...

Oh thanks! I needed these--LOL! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I've been misreading things, as well! Good to laugh...

Kay said...

Love this humor for me on a Friday. I'll bet you'd have fun with our pidgin here in Hawaii.