Saturday, April 10, 2021

Another Little Trail Walk

We have one more day to enjoy this fabulous weather before it reverts to more typical April fare, which will, apparently, involve rain. 

To make the most of the weather, we ventured on another little tromp along the trail. Once more we got held up by a gathering on the boardwalk, so we will avoid boardwalks until pandemic conditions subside. 

The province went into a deeper lockdown this week after a mild imposition the previous week, but cases are still soaring, mostly from the British variant if I understand correctly. The government is making emergency plans to deal with congestion in the hospitals. Hopefully, as inoculations ramp up, we will begin to see a lessening in the near future. I will be relieved to get my jab on Monday.

Back to our little walk.

We pulled off the trail and into the bush to distance ourselves from one little group. Happily, a duck came along to keep us company.


Later, we took a few selfies on our bench.



I took a few video clips along the way and thought a few of you might like to see and hear some of what we saw and heard. I have smooshed them into one 22 second clip. The first section captures the honking of a goose; the second shows nothing but brush but in an area where birdsong was prevalent. Finally, there is the view and sound of the water from the bench where we sometimes sit (as above).




15 comments:

DJan said...

Lovely! I like the selfie with the cool masks.

Marie Smith said...

The area was alive! Love the video!

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a great spot. I'm not sure we will go, though. We've the girls next week, too.
I love the video, those spring sounds!
You two are a fun pair.

Barbara Rogers said...

Video was great...no wonder you like to sit there...its' much like the ocean, mesmerizing.

Ed said...

Many years ago when I was stressed out about life so much that it made it hard to sleep, I bought a CD full of sounds like your clip only each track was much longer. One of my favorites was falling asleep to a thunderstorm.

Margaret said...

Love the bird sounds, and the selfies! Your masks are wonderful too. I don't know what's going on in British Columbia right now, but we've been warned not to go there. I don't think we can get across the border anyway. Is it a variant issue?

Vicki Lane said...

I love the sounds!

William Kendall said...

I imagine it's still going to be awhile before I get vaccinated.

Red said...

A good walk gives lots of photo opportunities.

Joanne Noragon said...

At 9 pm it is pouring rain here, and probably there, too. Farewell for now, spring, but it was lovely.

Rita said...

Nice masks! Loved the video sounds. :)

Tikno said...

What a lovely moment of yours.

Mara said...

Do you have to wear a mask outside as well?

Anvilcloud said...

@Mara: We don't have to wear masks outside and normally just try to keep our distance from others. But we take them with us in case. We put them on a few times in the last outing because we got too near people for comfort.

Kay said...

What great photos and video! I love your masks. I'm especially covetous of Sue's hummingbird mask. LOL