Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Blossoms and Other Things

Life is good, or mostly good, but I do have a mini gripe coming up . . . later though.

A big plus was the weather yesterday and even for the past few days. Yesterday was bright and not too windy, so we headed out for a morning stroll along the trail.

Wow! At a time when I have seen no obvious signs of spring springing, we did see that one tree had blossomed.

It was along the trail, and there were many branches, but most were not isolated from each other. High up, I could see some single branches. Fortunately, I had my long lens, so I pointed way up against the bright blue sky and squeezed the shutter. 



They were two different branches, and I am not sure which photo I like best, and it doesn't matter. The photos aren't stellar, but under the circumstances, I am pleased with the outcomes.

I also took another long telephoto, looking across the river. I like how it turned out. It is muted yet also vibrant along the bottom.


I also like this log and its reflection, along with many other reflections adding texture.


While we waited for traffic to decongest over the footbridge, I photographed one of the pigeons than hang out under the overpass. 


This leads to my gripe and it ain't about pigeons.

The people on the bridge, never moved on. There were three ladies with their three tots. The tots were having fun, and the ladies were enjoying their chat. They didn't move and weren't about to. I guess we could have donned our masks and braved going past, but they weren't masked, so protection would have been minimal. We would have had to pass by too close for comfort in these times.

So, we turned and walked the other way. I caught this photo of Sue through the branches of a bush. I seldom focus manually because auto focus almost always does it better than my old eyes. But to get the focus on Sue and not on the branches, I chose to focus manually this time, and it worked out.


It had been awhile, so we ambled back to the footbridge. Guess what? The group was still there, clogging up the works. This was at least 20 minutes later. We turned around again and headed home muttering something something about inconsiderate people.



16 comments:

Marcia said...

The one of the river, trees and the red bushes is lovely. Looks like a painting. The next one at first glance looked like an alligator.
You did the right thing by not passing them on the bridge.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely photo of Sue!
I am amazed at the number of people who do this kind of thing.

Patio Postcards said...

Your photo of the river with the red twig dogwood in the foreground is very much like a painting. I have yet to see any blossoms on trees, but I keep looking - the sign of spring renewal & hope.

I continue to be amazed by people & not in the good way.

DJan said...

Some people are pretty much oblivious. I love all your pictures very much. You are very talented, IMHO. :-)

Marcia said...

As to your comment about the barn - let me know what photos you'd take and I'll try my best to take them.

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia. Aww, you're sweet, but I'd need to be there to know for sure. :)

Marie Smith said...

Lol. I hear you! Some people don’t think about anyone but themselves.

Ed said...

I think it was here on this blog just a day or two ago where I was commenting about how people are so unaware of how their actions affect others these days.

Margaret said...

I love that one of the trees and red bushes; it's very beautiful! I like to think that people just aren't aware, but I haven't found a tactful way to get them to realize that they're blocking the way. I would grumble too!

PipeTobacco said...

I am trying to find time these next two weeks to try to capture some of the awakenings of spring we are having too! It is hard at this time of the semester to get much extra time, but I am determined this year!!!!

PipeTobacco

Red said...

Jerks! I always wonder how people can be so out of the situation.

Joanne Noragon said...

This is so sweet and so Canadian. I would have said "Excuse me, can we have six feet separation to cross the bridge!" That's Ohio, for you.

Rita said...

So many people think the pandemic is just over with. *sigh* Abd some never cared in the first place when they are outside. They say a crisis shows you who you really are. It shows the rest of the world, too--LOL! ;)

MARY G said...

Love your blossoms and the sky and the fact that you could be out lugging the long lens. And nice Sue shot.
I don't know what to do about the maskless blockers, I really don't. Far too many of them these days and they seem to be mindless as well. It is still far too dangerous to be doing that kind of thing.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The pandemic has brought out the best in people and the worst in people, but I suppose, because inconsiderate folks grate on us, they are the ones we tend to remember. And now - joy of joys - we are back into lockdown again! How many more times can we go through this?

Kay said...

A whole bunch of those type of tourists have come to Hawaii and it's making us very nervous.