Wednesday, September 30, 2020

With Heather and Callie Take Two

We picked the right day, Monday, for our day trip to visit with Heather. It is cloudy today, Tuesday, with possible rain to come. There was certainly rain last night; it came through the wide open window and drenched the cat blanket on her perch and the floor below. Sue even got wet way over in the bed. By this time, I was up and in my den with the blind closed, so I was totally unaware. I was also oblivious because I can't hear anything without my hearing aids, which I don't put in when I am up alone early in the morning.. Sometimes, the world can seem quiet without the hearing aids, at least when I am able to ignore the constant tinnitus-induced roaring.

I did say that I would post a few more photos, and here is a great pic of Heather from Sue's phone.

Callie from my camera.





Callie and Heather, by Sue.


Callie all over me.





The ladies spoke of doing this one more time if we can find an acceptable day come late October or early November. It is possible.


11 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Surely you can do this again!
Was this a birthday visit? My feeble brain does not remember.

I think it funny we retired teachers are being called to work! I found working with our girls in spring, that things are way too different in, for example, math. It was hard to take some of the assignments seriously, as well! I would never go back, I retired at age 50, totally broken. That said, I'm ticked I didn't get any info, but the CoT doesn't have my email as I moved since then.

Marie Smith said...

We are in our second summer this week. Wouldn’t it be nice if this continued?

That pup is a sweetie.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great pis of the gals, and Callie. And you've got legs! Since this morning is very cold (40'sF) to me, I shivered at seeing you in shorts. A nice outing, and hopefully the weather will permit you all to visit again in a month. Thanks for commenting on my blog, and I usually answer comments later in the day, when all have been received for the day. I never go back to see if others have had answers to mine, though. Just lazy, and I don't need a bunch in my email box.

Marcia said...

I see the resemblance between the sisters. Is this her only sibling?

We had rain overnight which I believe you did too. Just got a text from daughter that her rain gauge measured 2 inches. That means Sept is not ending without a drop. River outside my window is full!

Margaret said...

Like Marie, I do see a resemblance in some of the photos. Dogs are so loving! (cats are more aloof) I hope you get to meet up again, but the weather can be uncooperative in these fall months. We're having more summer, although we have some smoke today so gray skies. Ugh.

Mage said...

Purple seems to be the color of the day. Charming pictures of every one. George is out on the pier far into the ocean wearing a pair of shorts just like yours. No dog tho.

DJan said...

Callie is adorable. I would love to have some of that doggie love in my lap. Nice pictures, too. :-)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Wonderful photos which show a lot of happiness. What a great dog that Callie is!

Joanne Noragon said...

I'd go if only for all the dog love.

Doris Potter said...

I love the photos of you with Callie!

William Kendall said...

Callie loves the attention!