Tuesday, September 29, 2020

In Tweed Again

Ah yes. Thanks for the good wishes for the trip yesterday. The colour was glorious. It seems that we are at peak colour already, and it seems too early by a week or even two. Perhaps, the early frosts have something to do with it.

Of course, the drive was for eyes only and not cameras, but that is fine too,for the eyes enjoyed their feast.

The visit with Heather in the park was lovely. The park is not large but it is nice although the photos that I took were just snapshots. And that is okay too. I can't think how I would get a killer photo there as pleasant as it is. Besides, it was about the visit and not the photography.

There are fountains in the lake.

We had a view of Stoco Lake (on the Moira River).



There are some tall trees in the little park.

Sue and Heather had a good visit, which is not to say that I didn't, but they are sisters after all and are pretty good at gabbng. Sue is enjoying a pumpkin spice muffin in the photo, which remind her of other autumn times when we used to stop on the way and bring some to the cottage. Times change, and we make do with park visits and day excursions these days.



Callie was being restrained at this point (both above and below) because there was another dog in sight. Heather talked soothingly and managed to keep her excitable canine calm.

I have some more pics of Callie, but I think that is enough for now. Sue has some good pics of Heather from her phone, and a few of me with the dog as well. I may post them tomorrow, for AC is tired now, but at least something is ready for Tuesday posting.


15 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Visits with family and friends are very different now, but at least being outdoors in beautiful surroundings is tolerable.

Barbara Rogers said...

I loved the last shot with every one looking out at something. And the leaves all over the grass do remind me of our ground below my living room windows. Though it's early (really expect fall colors mid Oct here) the maples have lost about a third of their leave, which are now pretty orange. I've taken a few pics and need to post them...oh dear, have last week's trip still to post too!

Vicki Lane said...

The yellow leaves against the grey sky are beautiful, snapshot or not.

gigi-hawaii said...

I am glad that the visit went off so well. No rain, no wind.

gigi-hawaii said...

David uses a self-timer on a tripod. It is a Canon camera.

Margaret said...

We're doing the best we can at maintaining our relationships. I'm sure being outside is healthier anyway, right? I am envious of the autumn colors; ours are not generally spectacular. (the Evergreen State after all) Heather and Sue both love purple! Was the matching accidental? :) I don't have a sister but I have many friends who come close.

Mage said...

What a special day and visit. :)

Marcia said...

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Marie Smith said...

You know autumn is waning when the grass is covered with leaves. Your autumn is ahead of ours.

William Kendall said...

It's been a long, long time since I've been in Tweed.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

The seasons are indeed changing....Your world is especially beautiful just now. But perhaps it always is.

Joanne Noragon said...

Two lovely ladies. Do they coordinate outfits before leaving home?

DJan said...

Those colors in the trees are gorgeous, snapshot or not. Love them and glad you shared these pics. :-)

Red said...

Nice place to choose for a visit. Great leaf color there now.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a lovely visit! I like Tweed. We haven't been in awhile.