Sunday, September 13, 2020

Driveway Drag Show to End Pride Week

Our local Pride Week concluded yesterday, Saturday, with a Drag Queen Show in a private driveway. While this Drag show has occurred in a public space in the past, such gatherings are simply not on this year. Therefore, the organizers made the most of it in a private venue by using a driveway as their stage. We set up chairs on the lawn -- more than one lawn as it turned out. Since we were in the open and pretty well spaced, most of us removed our masks once we were seated.

This time around, I chose to bring my compact camera. With its small footprint, it turned out to be a good choice. The photos are acceptable, and I could easily switch to video. For video, I tried to get and edit a small snippet of most of the performances. I am attempting to upload the video to FB, but it is taking so long that I am not sure the attempt will ever be successful. If it is, I shall post the link below.

But now for a few photos.







Sue posed with them at the end. I was surprised at how tall the performers are, especially in their heels.


They made the best of the unfortunate situation in these times, and it turned out very well.

I will now hang on to see if the video goes live in the near future . . .

. .  . I am giving up. After many hours, the needle doesn't seem to be moving in the slightest. Perhaps I shall try here or in YT, and I will post separately, if and when.

13 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I cheerfully remember the first drag queen show I attended...it was so "out there" and hilarious and djust plain fun. I'm glad this performance was still given, even though the stage was a bit to be desired. And it's good that it was well attended. Sue looks so diminutive with the gals.

gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting costumes.

DJan said...

Love the queens, and that short one in the middle! :-)

MARY G said...

I am awed. Nothing would compel me to put up with that amount of makeup and corseting. But I am glad that the participants are having fun. Come to think of it, nothing would compel me to do what my daughter does on her holidays, which is hike up mountains. Each to their own.
Sorry about your video. Can you cut it in smaller pieces?

Jenn Jilks said...

This is truly joyful. I am so glad you watched and photographed it! Sue has so much fun, too!

Margaret said...

What fun! I love how people are modifying their activities to cope with the pandemic. We all have to be creative thinkers now. (tiring sometimes)

Should Fish More said...

Love it! Great photos!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Definitely, a joyful gathering and certainly we all need more joy in our lives every day, but more so now. It was interesting to see that only Sue was wearing a mask in that final pic.

Anvilcloud said...

That was the rule for pics. You wear a mask so we don’t have to. I think they were already comfortable hanging out together.

Rita said...

What a hoot! :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You certainly have unique ways to add variety to your life!

Tabor said...

As I posted a while back, an acquaintance has come out as a trans. This whole process seems exhausting to me. Almost back when women spent so much time getting their make-up and hair perfect. It seems like an endless chase for perfection. But I am sure they had fun and appreciated the audience.

Mage said...

Great stills. What fun.