Saturday, September 26, 2020

Caturday 25: Emulating Grumpiness

 I have scads of stickers that I could post this Saturday, but I feel that it is time for a Caturday post.

Recently, I spotted Lacey on my former computer desk, which these days serves as a temporary shelving unit. Since this isn't part of her normal repertoire, I grabbed my phone and took a few shots.

In the manner of cats, even when they are not grumpy, they tend to look grumpy, and this time was no exception.


I thought that I should try to emulate the look in a selfie that included both of us. I fancy that I achieved the look very well.

But of course, she looked away, which is another cat trait, uncooperative creatures that they are.

Hmm . . . just now I find myself wondering if I could photoshop her grumpy picture into mine. excuse me for a minute.

. . . Here we are. Thanks for waiting, but I think your wait was shorter than mine and that the time just flew by for you.


Enjoy your weekend. Shall we see fall colour locally? Skies have been grey recently.



16 comments:

Shammickite said...

She's cuter than you are, even when grumpy!!!!!

Marcia said...

Cats have a way about them. You captured her mood.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry to hear Canada is also having a resurgence of the virus...hope it doesn't come your way. For us in the US, we need prayers, which is the best thing I can say these days. I'm not a praying person usually, but geese, if it isn't one thing, it's another! Your cat is a sweet little gal, and you both are faking grumpy, I think anyway.

Margaret said...

You're so right, that cats always LOOK grumpy! Mari, being a black cat, has a vaguely threatening expression all the time. I think tabbies look friendlier.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I think you did a good job emulating her expression and then photo-shopping her original into the dual selfie.

Marie Smith said...

Lol. The cat’s look is unmatchable, AC.

Joanne Noragon said...

Not just looking grumpy, she is grumpy.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I did notice a similarity in those looks, AC. we took a walk in the nearby city park on Friday and it seems the colors are not yet here, although we did see spots of them on a drive earlier this week.

gigi-hawaii said...

Cute cat.

Red said...

I think somebody once said that cats have a look of distain.

Himawan Sant said...

Yeaah, ... That's true!.
Your angry acting looks a lot like your cat's expression.
It seems you have talent as an actor.

Have a nice weekend.
Greetings.

Mage said...

Maybe she is sick.

The Liberty Belle said...

Lacey is a cute kitty. She looks comfy to my eyes and like she may nap at any moment.

Jenn Jilks said...

Our colours are amazing now!
Well done with the photoshopping. Our cats don't like having their photos taken...
If I had your photography skills, I'd be able to set the camera up to shoot without a flash, but old dog, new tricks.

Rita said...

I think you captured the look perfectly! LOL!

William Kendall said...

She might look grumpy, but it makes her look all the more adorable.