Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Autumn Lurches Forward in the Park

Sue and the gals had their weekly park kaffeeklatsch on Tuesday. (You know where this is going, don't you?) 

As I often do, I wandered about taking pictures. First, I spotted some high school students taking a little break, probably in their spare period.


Not far from the ladies, I appreciated the two-tone tree. (If you can spot a red coat way off to the right, that is one of the kaffeeklatsch gals. Hard to see at this resolution, I know; I had to zoom in on the full res version to make sure.))


Everytime I visit the park I am tempted to take a picture of the path, particularly if there is a lady walking her dogs. Speaking of spotting, can you spot the squirrel?


On this occasion, I went back to the car and drove to the far edge of the park. My intention was to visit the next park over, but I didn't get that far.

Instead I took a photo of the riverbank just south of the boat launch. I don't think I have ever peeked around this corner in autumn, and I was pleasantly surprised. I do admit to jazzing up this photo to bring out the the most colour possible. The colours were not that vibrant in reality. They were there, of course; I didn't invent them but just emphasized them.


 From a nearby road, I have two photos that include goldenrods doing their wonderful thing.



This is the brief time of year when usually banal scenes do their best to light up our lives.


17 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This is indeed the most colorful season and New England colors are just starting in some areas, the ladies look well bundled for their get together.

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks...I never get tired of looking at trees wearing their colors. The shot of the river with reflections really pops. But I never would consider a log house as banal. Maybe a subdivision, IMHO.

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous! There are photos for framing here, AC.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

We have the goldenrod, but not this much fall color yet....And now it is getting warmer again. I do love seeing your photos.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

And isn't that the squirrel over on the far left about midway?

gigi-hawaii said...

Great photos! Your wife and her friends must be freezing to wear such heavy clothing. Here in Hawaii, it is still very hot. We wouldn't dream of wearing a sweater outdoors.

Margaret said...

Such peaceful and lovely photos. I love the feeling that you've captured in these shots.

Kay said...

That orange against the blue is just spectacular.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours!

Rita said...

Fall has arrived up there! Beautiful! :)

Joanne Noragon said...

I wonder if I've ever applied "banal" to scenery.

Marcia said...

Lovely fall colors there. We took a drive today and were surprises how much has changed in a week's time.

Terra said...

Your photos are outstanding with all the pops of fall colors and I like that the gals got together in a scenic spot.

Mage said...

Stunning banality. :) boy, that's beautiful.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The colours really are starting to get deep and rich. One of my sisters-in-law was here yesterday with her husband for lunch on the patio, and I noticed how the Sugar Maple in the backyard is really starting ti change. No leaf drop yet but that can't be far behind.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely photos, as always. It's a great park.

Vicki Lane said...

That sky! Those colors! And the last two shots might have been taken in my neck of the woods.