Friday, September 11, 2020

Softly Does It

While Sue was out with the car, I had a few minutes, yesterday, to photograph some neighbourhood flowers. Just a few houses down, there are some yellow flowers by a fence, and I thought the combination would look good. However, when I saw the result on the computer, I didn't like the fence, so I cropped it out.


I do like the soft and subtle result. To emphasize this, I added a very slight texture along with a little bit of grain. It looks pretty good when it fills the computer screen.

This next patch is brighter with some echinacea in the background. With these flowers well past their prime, I don't think the photo works, but I like the idea.


I did find one echinacea bloom that remained in pretty good shape, so I focussed on it.


It is just about 5:15AM. Bob will pick me up at 6 to go to a spot where he thinks there might be a decent sunrise. We shall see.

I had the alarm set for 4:30 but opened my eyes at 4:29, which saved Sue from having to hear it. I've had my coffee (tassimo) already, and the adjacent pot is set up for her and ready for her to turn on.

It is cold this morning, 10C/50F, so I have to think of how to dress.

Oops. He just texted me to see if I might be ready at 5:45, so I shall get on my horse. 

Have a good day.

12 comments:

Marcia said...

We are up early here to head north to the Flume Gorge at Fronconia Notch State Park.

I liked the second photo best.

Shammickite said...

You and Bob are definitely early birds. I hope you get the worm.
I like the flower photos, and I really like the colour combination of the purpley pink and the yellow.

DJan said...

I like the second shot the best, but they are all good. Hope you have success this morning. :-)

Marie Smith said...

Hope you saw a good sunrise, even though it’s cold. Same here today, cold that is.

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope the sunrise was good for photo shoot. (since you'll be reading this after) It's been high 60s F here at night, but dipped into 50s a few times last week. Today will be up to 80s again...and we'll doubt that it's really Sept. These flowers are nice, but I tend toward ones where blurry bit is less than the focused one. I know, just my little opinion.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I would have a huge difficulty getting up so early! But I'm glad you do so we can see your photos of sunrises. I really love the flower photos today.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are a committed photographer! I love them.

Margaret said...

I used to get up that early for work, and sometimes miss the quiet and dark of the very early morning. (but getting up at 8 is much more relaxing!) Hope you got some good shots. I love the clear with the blurry background, although I don't know the technical term for it. :)

William Kendall said...

They're very pretty shots!

Tabor said...

Our morning will be 60F for the first time in many months. Looking forward to the cooler weather at last. Maybe I'll open the windows tonight. Our coneflowers are done as well and the birds are after the seeds.

Joanne Noragon said...

I like wide aperture pictures.

Rita said...

So pretty! :)