Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Something I Lack on My Birthday

The Word of the Day, legerity,  is almost cruel to me on this the 73rd anniversary of my beginnings. If I ever had it, I now lack it, and I may someday reveal a recent, sad tale of said lack.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/word-of-the-day/

Meanwhile, I am blessed with a small but great family, and I reworked one of the snaps that I posted yesterday, because I like to challenge myself to improve meaningful but lower quality photos although I am not sure that I accomplished that this time.


I think that it is a wee bit better than it was and the kind of photo that may continue to be meaningful to both me and others as time passes and when all of my pretty, well-taken photos have no meaning at all.

Apparently, the kids are going to come over to spend much of my birthday with me. I am blessed, despite my lack of legerity.

13 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

A great picture of the paterfamilias and his girls! The red is a great choice--gives a Renaissance feeling to the group. Happy Birthday!

DJan said...

Most septuagenarians lack legerity, I fear. Me, too. Thanks for the great word and the wonderful pictures! :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

What we septuagenarians lack in speed, we make up in wisdom...or so we've been told. I like you and Sue with the grands...a great portrait.

Shammickite said...

Have a great day with those grandies, the day will come when they are too full of their own lives or live too far away to be able to spend birthdays with you! Sad thought.

Marie Smith said...

You are well and truly blessed AC. Have a great birthday!

Margaret said...

Your writing and photography demonstrate a lot of legerity. Happy Birthday to you! That's great news that you get to spend your day with loved ones. Especially now, that's something to treasure!

William Kendall said...

Well edited!

gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting word. It means the opposite of lethargy, Lol.

Rita said...

I can totally comprehend and relate to that word I never knew before. You did improve the photo. It's a keeper for sure! :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Don't admit to the mental, John, just the physical.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

This is a great photograph of a wonderful family! I know what you mean about legerity - a word which is new to me - but I am really excited because I am scheduled for a hip replacement in early October. I am looking forward to being able to walk without a rollator or a cane, and without pain, even if I won't be running around anywhere!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Today I have learned a new word, thanks John. Now if I can only remember to use it so as not to forget the meaning. Your treatment of the original photo made a very nice presentation of your family and a good word for framing to display. Enjoy the visit with JJ and Danica to extend the celebration!

Tabor said...

My grands are back at school and so now I do worry if I see them. But I really miss them. You are super lucky. Belated Happy Birthday!