Monday, September 14, 2020

The Video and the Oldsters

After failing with FB, I was able to post the Drag Queen video to YT. It is a compilation of a little bit of almost every act, but it is almost 4 minutes long, so be warned. I know that I wouldn't jump at watching such a long video on someone else's blog, so I won't be offended if you pass it by. But I must say that you may find some entertainment value.

(The new blogger doesn't embed videos as handily, but here we are anyway. I recommend enlarging to full screen.)



I will now thrill you with a few pics of Susie and Johnny at the event.

There was no mistaking where Susie was headed.


We were early and ported out lawn chairs to a spot right by the driveway. This allowed me to get the unobstructed photos that you saw yesterday as well as the video above.

Once we removed the masks, we remained rooted in our seats for the duration. I did take two selfies of the pair of us, one with masks and one without. My compact camera has a flippy screen and is ... um ... compact enough for me to accomplish this.



A few more closeups. In the second one, you can see how my glasses and mask get all tangled together. I used the cord on the glasses to easily remove them when I want to take a photo, but it does tend to conflict with a mask.




Finally, Sue and Linda in the aftermath. I have posted of Linda every now and then -- the town councillor and general town cheerleader who wears big, crazy hats, very often crafted for a specific event. I think the Renaissance outfit, below, was made for a museum occasion which she was due to attend after this one.


  



15 comments:

DJan said...

I'll try to view it later, but for now I really enjoyed looking at your rainbow pictures. :-)

Marie Smith said...

I always enjoy your coverage of the Pride events.

Marcia said...

Where did you get your rainbow masks?

Anvilcloud said...

Marcia. I am not sure. I think they were a gift.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see neighborhood support of Pride. Your queens were very beautiful, they surehave a lot of wigs and costumes, and their spirit shines through.

Barbara Rogers said...

Not that they're "yours". Forgot to say I liked you and Sue's rainbow portraits!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is really fun. What a great way to celebrate diversity! People can be so intolerant. I'm glad you are open to differences, so we can be friends! :-)

Margaret said...

I love the symbolism of the rainbow of diversity and the joie de vivre of the celebrations. I have trouble with my mask tangling with my glasses and then with my headphones if I have them in.

Mage said...

yES, that's a stunning adventure for the\ two of you. I love all the rainbow accompaniments too.

gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting how gay pride is linked with the rainbow.

Rita said...

What a fun time! I love your rainbow masks! :)

Joanne Noragon said...

You live in a happy little town.

R said...

Joyful event. I don't really understand but it made me smile!

Christina said...

Marvellous! I am glad the weather was dry and sunny for this event, so much more cheerful. Love your pride face masks!

Kay said...

Oh what fun! I love your masks!