Friday, September 04, 2020

Portraits and a Candid

School was set to begin for everyone today, but it turns out that it will begin for no one. The return has been postponed until next week, and it will be staggered to better control the situation. If memory serves, Danica will return on Wednesday and JJ on the following day. By next Friday, all children should all be back at their desks. Then, we shall see what we shall see.

We did a portrait photo shoot last evening, but it was tough. I went out a little too early when it was difficult to avoid bright spots. I got a few keepers, but next year, we must do it later or on a cloudy day with more even lighting. Sigh. Still trying to figure it out at this rather old age. There isn't all that much time in life left for me to to actually figure it out.

Danica has a uniform, but JJ will be able to wear civvies until next year.



Earlier in the day, we had another park meetup with Bob and Barb. I captured a candid shot of Bob, which I rather like. while one would prefer a better background, it is a candid photo.


A more cropped version, processed into mono.


I find Bob to be an interesting subject -- character! We both would probably be uncomfortable doing a more formal shoot, however.


14 comments:

Shammickite said...

Now I want to know what the button on Bob's hat says....

DJan said...

Nice portraits, and a very sweet one of Danica. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Hi there...missed seeing you here yesterday. Gives me something to worry about. You could crop down to his head and shoulders (Bob) and leave out most of the background...perhaps you already tried that. I think your grands look great! Yes, we only have today in which to do whatever we want, no matter how much we plan for future days. Enjoy yourself today!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Nice portraits, I think. It's important to get these pictures at important moments. Things change so quickly.

Tabor said...

I am going to write my daughter so that I can get some fall portraits of the grands. I miss that! Looks like Bob is also a photographer.

Margaret said...

It's very important to get those photos, no matter what. I love the ones of the grands! Sometimes my favorites are the ones that aren't perfect. Of course, given my "talent," that would be every picture I take. :)

Marie Smith said...

The kids are ready for school here but it doesn’t start til next Tuesday. They are so excited to be back with their friends.

Great job on the portraits!

William Kendall said...

Excellent portrait shots.

Red said...

Your one comment, "We shall see what we shall see" hits the nail on the head.

gigi-hawaii said...

Danica is so pretty and photogenic as is JJ. Good shots.

Joanne Noragon said...

It's hard to believe the kids are growing so.

Rita said...

Great shots of the kids and I love candid photos. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done.
Amazing how unprepared they are. The ministry keeps changing its tune.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Bob looks like he has experienced more than a minimum of life's ups and downs!