Tuesday, September 15, 2020

A Photoshoot Without Photos

I have titled the post, A Photoshoot Without Photos, but I do have pictures -- phone pictures, which I guess I am distinguishing from real photos. lol

I drove the twenty minutes or so to the little conservation area at Blakeney. It was early enough, perhaps ~7AM, with the sun barely risen. But I wasn't there for a sunrise. In point of fact, the sun wasn't high enough to rise over the trees and begin to hit the area directly until almost 7:30.

The road to the Conservation area, which is off to the left.

The view from the road looking downriver along the Mississippi River

This is the entrance to the place, or at least the door is the entrance to the woodsy paths. Before you get to the door there is an open picnic area off to the right (unseen here), which is as far as people often get.

It's just a door, nothing more, beyond the old mill wheel.

I wandered about sans camera looking for possible photo ops and not finding much. The place is tight with narrow pathways and no vistas, and the way down to the water's edge, where it is more open, is a little precipitous in places -- at least for a gimpy oldster.

Distributaries from the river flow through the park, and there are a number of cutesy foot bridges.


Note the bedrock and rapids

Blakeney is on the edge of the Canadian (Precambrian) Shield, and the rock outcrops in places, and even where it doesn't actually outcrop, it is very close to the surface.

More bedrock

It is an interesting area in which to amble about, but as much as I appreciated my walkabout, nothing moved me sufficiently to go back to the car for my camera. I didn't even think to pull out my phone until near the end of my wandering, when it dawned on me that my excursion might make an acceptable blog post. I may return for another attempt when there is a bit of autumn colour which is beginning to creep into our region.




11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You are spoiled with the beauty of your local area, AC. Nothing else measures up.

Barbara Rogers said...

I am drawn to little creeks with rocks, where the water talks as it moves along. But then, I use my iPhone to take most of my photos, and never have the aim of printing them on photo paper. What you see is what you get. I hope you find some rocky place with water and trees and sky that is to your liking.

DJan said...

I think your non-photos are quite lovely. I look forward to a return visit with color a bit later on. :-)

Marcia said...

For not taking any photos you should took some nice ones.

gigi-hawaii said...

Your phone shoots look amazingly sharp and clear.

Margaret said...

I love those footbridge photos. Capturing the beauty of the scenery is wonderful no matter what device you use. :)

William Kendall said...

A beautiful area, AC.

Joanne Noragon said...

Good try. We enjoyed it.

Red said...

Looks like a very pleasant place to take a walk.

Rita said...

Lovely area to wander and I love cutesy foot bridges. :)

Kay said...

Thank you for the photos of your beautiful world. I take all my photos with my cellphone these days.