Monday, November 06, 2023

Tamaracks Again

We finally had some sun on Saturday, so I did go back to visit the tamaracks. After the previous overcast day, it was almost too sunny and contrasty for the best photos. It's hard to win on some days.

I took the same photo as I did on the previous day of the pair of trees. The park views are restricted by houses on three sides, and it can be difficult to find compositions that excludes them, but this is one. On this day, I probably would wish for some clouds, but it was what it was.

At another location, I took a photo of a single tree on the other side of the pond. I was drawn by the reflections as much as anything.


While I am not exactly over the moon for either photo, they will suffice for a Monday morning post in November. 

20 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The sun sure does make the colors pop though! They are so beautiful this time of year, just one hard frost or wind and the trees will soon be bare.

DJan said...

They are really pretty.

Patio Postcards said...

Great photos. Good luck today for Sue's appt (& that it really happens)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Reflections are everything. Happy Monday, AC. xoxo

gigi-hawaii said...

I think these pics are amazing. Very pretty and bright yellow.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wow, I love the second of the reflected yellow tree! Good job.

Vicki Lane said...

I love, love, love the second one with the reflection.

MARY G said...

Enthusiastic vote for the second shot. So, add some clouds, already. I have some cloud shots on file, for use as needed. Who would think that we are complaining about a pure blue sky. Only photographers.

Marcia said...

They definitely shine.

Liz Hinds said...

What beautiful colours!

Barwitzki said...

The mood is shown and it is fantastic...
autumn at its most beautiful.
Thanks.
Many greetings to you. I wish you a nice week. Viola

Margaret said...

I have a weakness for reflection photos and love that one!

RedPat said...

Such gorgeous yellows. It was a successful day for you.

Damselfly said...

The 2nd photo, with the reflection wins today.
Hope Sue's appointment went well today.

Jeanie said...

Total dazzlers. Just perfection!

Red said...

Your attention was attracted to something that made a good shot.

William Kendall said...

They are beautiful.

Kay said...

Oh my goodness! They're actually almost glowing!

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous, AC. These are incredible!

Debby said...

I do love the second photo.