Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Looking Across the Street

Note: My computer is misbehaving; I need a new one. Several comments that I made or started to make last night went into the ether. Windows closed, and I couldn't easily get back to where I was because my Reader program sees the post as being read.

=============

I finally got around to photographing neighbours' Christmas display — photographing it a little better than before anyway. It's tricky to photograph extreme light and dark, but I felt that I should make a better effort, so this time, I used a tripod and my real camera.

I was shooting through the restricted view from and through my upstairs window, so composition opportunities were limited, to say the least.


For this first photo↑ I included the other neighbours' tree (right) — the one where I recently posted of him stringing the lights while standing on the top of a high ladder. Because of my angle, I couldn't get that whole tree in the frame. There were items in front of my window that I would have had to move to  get my tripod in a slightly different position, and that would have included moving Lacey, the cat. So, I decided to make the best of it, but I might try again on another night now that I know that I can get okayish results.

Next, I zoomed into the grander display. It is too bad about the cars in the driveways, but that is the way that it was.


Then, I focused on just the window and indoor tree. We have been told that there are seven trees in the house.


Finally, I concentrated on the yard display. There is a whole lot of stuff in a small space, but it certainly catches the eye, and it makes the neighbours happy to do it.


It would have been better to have snow on the ground, and that may happen soon, but I decided to at least record the scene as it is now.  Maybe I will try to take some photos from street level at a later date.


16 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Very cool corral of Christmas decorations! All squeezed together, much as our lives seem to be these days. Snug. I like the first shot with the tree balancing the corral.

Boud said...

I think the fenced in display is hilarious. I expect there's a good reason for it, but it escapes me! It's so hard to get what your eye can see in high contrast pictures. I can understand trying again every time!

Granny Sue said...

How colorful! They really get into it, don't they.
Nice photos even with your limitations.

RedPat said...

Your neighbours make me feel a bit lazy. I have pulled out the advent calendar but that is about it.

Marcia said...

Nothing like that put up around here yet. we had snow last night and now rain on top of it. We haven't ventured out yet.

gigi-hawaii said...

Beautiful. It must have been difficult to string all those lights on the roof.

Margaret said...

That yard display is spectacular. I would much rather do that than anything that involved a ladder or climbing on the roof.

Cloudia said...

Yes, let us celebrate the light! Incidentally, I am using a Chromebook and never looked back. It is more than adequate for my needs. And his self-correcting like a Tesla. They update it and protect you from viruses and etc. You need a Google account or to start one. I think it would serve you really well! Aloha friend

Jenny the Pirate said...

They certainly are enthusiastic! Your shots are not bad for the limitations facing you. xoxo

roentare said...

The Xmas lightups are just wonderful. Google commenting is playing up too. I even thought I might be compromised with cyber security. It turned out it was just typical Google.

Marie Smith said...

That is quite a display in the yard! Street level is a good idea too.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Lot of pretty lights. Since it get dark so early for us in the Northern part of the world.
Coffee is on.

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice pictures. Hope you score a new PC.

Red said...

the best of these is the yard display.

Jenn Jilks said...

You could read beside these lights!

William Kendall said...

Good shots!