Friday, November 24, 2023

Sue's Photo Art

Sue continues to complete her daily photo prompts with diligence and perseverance. Through affliction, both hers and mine, including her surgery and short hospital stay, she has managed to keep up her posting.

I think she does best at prompts that cause her to grab household items and head to her little studio* in the basement. She will take numerous photos of a set up, tweaking compositions just a little bit. Then, she edits on her iPad Pro.

She appreciates the daily challenge, which sometimes consists of three parts, and strives to get all of the required elements. This is very different from moi, for I just photograph what I feel like photographing and don't wish to adhere to someone else's strictures.

But this is about Sue and not me, and here are some of her latest creations. I will not attempt to repost on what prompts she was fulfilling with each. I will just tell you that I like them all and am impressed with both her creativity and tenacity.







* When I say, studio, it's a table with black cloths hung around it in a small space in a cramped and crammed-full basement.

26 comments:

Karen said...

Artists studio can be anywhere, any space! I really like Sue's photos.
Well done!

Barbara Rogers said...

Some seem more what the camera saw, and some more the editing. Like those keys that reminded me of giraffes! Holding the creamer, pouring, and clicking the shutter...lots of fun timing there, not matter what method for capturing the pour!

Vicki Lane said...

These are wonderful! I especially like the first one. Well done, Sue!

gigi-hawaii said...

I really like that tea cup and saucer. So pretty.

MARY G said...

Sue and her sister. I am in awe of both of them for ability, creativity and the drive to put it together. The wine glass setup is Absolutely Perfect, for one.
Mind you, your photography is equally fascinating and skillfully produced.

Boud said...

I very much like the distorted effect with the wine glass setup.

Catalyst said...

She is very talented, both as a photographer and a stylist.

Marie Smith said...

So creative, Sue. Great job!

RedPat said...

These are great. I really like the 1st one.

Margaret said...

Those are incredible! With as gifted and creative as both Sue and you are, are your daughters artistic?

Kay said...

Wow! These are awesome. You are both very gifted photo-artists.

roentare said...

Sue is very talented.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those are some neat photos! I love the first one.

DJan said...

These are really fun. I too especially like that first one.

Joanne Noragon said...

Sue's work is creative and impressive.

Granny Sue said...

Impressive! She has quite an eye for composition.

Jenny the Pirate said...

They're all good but the keys! The keys win. I have at least four studios in my house, hahaha xoxo

DrumMajor said...

I thought that was a photo of you and Sue; oh, that's Santa and a cute girl! Linda in Kansas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Kudos to Sue for not only her creativity in creating these tabletop scenarios but her tenacity as well.

Liz Hinds said...

Sue is very creative. Those are lovely

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those are all very interesting. Several of them you really have to stop and study to really appreciate.

Cloudia said...

These are nice! Aloha

Marcia said...

Very creative, Sue.

Jeanie said...

Sue's art is lovely and very inventive!

Barwitzki said...

The joy of creating! Wonderful... I'm a little excited... crafting, in whatever form, creates joy... so great. Congratulations!
Many greetings from Viola

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.