Monday, October 17, 2022

Sue is not short of Devices

She's well connected this woman o mine.

I saw here with her lineup of devices — laptop, iPad, and phone  all in a row— and couldn't help but take a picture.


The iPad is new. Well, all of the devices are pretty new — the laptop for Christmas 20 and the phone for Christmas 21 — but the iPad is brand spanking new.

With the Christmas phone came an increase in Sue's interest with photography. She was doing all of her processing on the tiny phone screen rather than the computer because it's easier to get all of the apps on the phone and use them there where the photo is already located. Getting the photo and apps from the phone to the laptop would have been cumbersome for her.

Sue has an old iPad mini, but it wasn't able to install some of the apps that she wanted to use and not always the latest version even when she could download an app that she wanted.

So, she has gone from the ancient mini to the modern iPad Pro (not the biggest one) in one heck of an upgrade. Not only that, but she has the keyboard and that fancy dancy Apple pencil. You can see all of the devices plus the computer in the photo.


I have posted some of her pictures here in the past, but this was her recent creation in response to the prompt, Distorted/Picture my Hands/Happy. In this case the distortion in the rendering from a normal photo to a comic sort of look. Her description to her FB group is below the photo.

My hands were very happy to grasp this little beauty when it arrived in the mail.
Now I just have to learn what it will do, and how to use it.
Oh joy, it will keep my hands busy and my mind spinning.




16 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I like that app. JB's been quite happy with his iPad. I like upgrading to better technology!
She looks like a happy woman!

Marie Smith said...

Love the photos. Way to keep plugged in, Sue.

Patio Postcards said...

Sue is now revered as our techno wizard. Looks like she is enjoying the challenges & mastery the gadgets quickly.

Jeanie said...

Who says those of us "of an age" aren't into technology! Sue proves the point!

William Kendall said...

Looks like she's pleased.

Ed said...

I have forgotten how connected I have become until on our recent vacation, I somehow walked out the door without a single charging device. It required two trips to stores to get two wrong charging cords before my oldest daughter finally said she had a spare one I could borrow for my phone. The iPad just got used until it died of lack of battery and stayed in the car for the rest of the trip.

Barbara Rogers said...

My mini iPad is also not able to download many of the newer apps. Drat. I use it mainly for reading/listening to library books...cause it's light weight! However I miss the touch screen abilities on this laptop...can never enlarge things like I can on the apple products. Mmmm, among things to consider for my Christmas list! Kudos to Sue for her great techno abilities!

Margaret said...

I should get a tablet but when I went to look at them a few years back at the Apple Store, the salespeople were so smarmy and condescending that I walked out without one. I have my laptop and phone. I also have an ancient Android tablet that I used to use as a reader but now it doesn't like to connect to the internet. Love that cartoon version of Sue!

RedPat said...

She makes me feel like a luddite. ;-)

Tabor said...

So and Ipad and a laptop...can I ask why both? Is the laptop keyboard better for stuff. I must admit I have a laptop, a desktop PC, a Kindle and a phone...incase you wondered.

Anvilcloud said...

@Tabor: the laptop came first, but the tablet is much better for her. She does all of her photography with the phone and, therefore, her editing is best done in that environment.

PipeTobacco said...

The app photo is striking!

DJan said...

Well, that sure looks like fun. I love that shot, the last one. It's beautiful!

Red said...

Sue can get very fancy with this number of apps.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That last photos of Sue with her new tablet was a fun one. It seems she is become quite the technical guru these days.

Kay said...

Now Sue has made me jealous. I've been thinking and thinking about a new iPad. Hmmm... But then, I would like a new phone too. Arrrghhh... Too many decisions.

How does Sue keep her hair looking so perfect all the time? She is a beautiful lady.