Monday, October 24, 2022

Spots of Colour at the Mill

As I have just written in the previous post, we are enjoying some awesome autumn weather before the other shoe drops. We drove up to the Mill recreational area yesterday, Sunday, to make the most of it. While most of the big colour has gone to ground, so to speak, there are many spots of colour remaining to appreciate.

We both got to snapping pictures as soon as we hit the woodsy trail. I put a stretchy filter in post on this one of Sue, who was busy taking her own artsy photo.


There were many trees still showing their finery if one were to peer through the bushes, and I was doing exactly that.


I think this ↓ is my fave shot from the walk — a single, glorious tree clinging to its remaining leaves.


We came to Goldilocks's house, which the kids used to love to visit when they were young. There is a little bunk inside accessed by a little wall ladder made of boards nailed to the wall.


Finally, we came to the mill itself. Well, we call it that, but this was a residence. The actual mill had been just a bit father up that stream around that bend.


It's been a tough night with my body complaining in myriad ways, but thankfully, I did have three good hours before things went haywire. However, it is good to reminisce this lovely walk while checking out these photos again.


13 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

What a beautiful spot to visit. Cool effects on the first photo. I really like the 2nd one. IMO this one & the mill (residence) photo are in the calendar line up.

DJan said...

A wonderful series. I love to see your area looking so inviting. Thank you for the peek into it. And I do hope you get some decent sleep soon!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is a good reminder. We should go back, now the leaves are falling. You can see so much more!

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, we do tramp into the wilds to get the perfect photo! I'm happy with all of these you suffered for! The first is cool, nicely done! Hope you find sleep to rest yourself.

RedPat said...

It would be hard to pick a favourite from these shots.

Boud said...

That image of the mill would be a great jigsaw puzzle! I seem to be in puzzle mode.

gigi-hawaii said...

I like your area a lot. The forest looks so nice especially in autumn.

Margaret said...

Our leaves are starting to go to ground in a big way due to colder weather. You captured some beautiful trees and atmospheric buildings. Sorry about the pain! Our sleep is so precious. (and vital)

Marie Smith said...

The light with the leaves…gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

That last shot is stunning.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad that you were both able to get out and capture more autumn foliage before it is all gone. I like the first "stretchy" photo of Sue. We have had torrential downpours all day so it won't be surprising to find that most of the trees are bare by the end of the week. Luckily, I did get out for a couple of walks last week when the colors were glorious. I hope your body will be feeling better with some rest.

Red said...

There's always something good to shoot in the fall.

Kay said...

These are very fun fall photos.