Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Second Colour Expedition

As you are well aware, I have certainly taken autumn photos since the first expedition, but yesterday marked only the second actual, dedicated colour-peeping tour.

The first stop was a roadside spot that we usually manage to stop at, either coming or going. In this case we were going. It's where the Indian River, which is scarcely a creek here, crosses Ramsey Concession 7B. It's a nice spot, but our vantage point is limited. Nevertheless, we do our best.



I think the next version is my favourite. I tried to emphasize the long line of trees, and I cropped heavily from the top and  bottom to really focus on them. The colours are gentler than in the other photos, and sometimes, gentler is better.


This is my favourite person, apparently taking a similar photo.


Part 2 to come.

19 comments:

DJan said...

You do have some magnificent color. We are more muted, but still pretty. :-)

Marie Smith said...

Love that reflection shot. Nature tries to duplicate the beauty, a two for one, so to speak!

Barbara Rogers said...

What great scenes! So glad you captured these colors!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous takes.

Vicki Lane said...

Autumn trees, blue sky, water--a can't miss trio.

Jeanie said...

You are definitely rocking the color tour. Love the photo of Sue photographing!

gigi-hawaii said...

Beautiful shots. You captured the gorgeous colors magnificently.

Margaret said...

Those are beautiful; it's too warm here for fall colors. I'm not expecting much so it's great to share in yours. My favorite is the one with the reflection!

RedPat said...

I really like the shot with Sue.

Celia said...

Wonderful photos. Enjoy seeing them. Our fall is off this year. Leaves just dry and falling off, not much color so far. No rain for ages. But it is cooler and clear, I love it.

Patio Postcards said...

Beautiful photos. We are certainly experiencing the most picturesque Autumn that I can remember.

Debby said...

Gorgeous colors. You captured them perfectly.

Red said...

Awesome colors.

The Furry Gnome said...

Lookin good!

Joanne Noragon said...

I like the brighter, startling colors best.

Jenn Jilks said...

"Favourite person!' You are a hoot.
The reflection is wonderful.

roentare said...

The colour is surreal especially the ones reflected in the water

Jenny Woolf said...

That’s a pretty spot, and the reflections are nice

Kay said...

Wow! This is awesome! I hope they last a while.