Saturday, October 29, 2022

Back to The Boneyard, Virtually

Several Flickr friends invited me to meet them at The Boneyard yesterday. Flickr friends, they are like Blogger friends — people I haven't met, except one very briefly, by chance. Last year, I went with Bob, and I didn't feel the need or inclination to make the long drive again this year.

You may recall that I visited this place at this time last year, for it is only open for a week, and now is when the farmer does open his property. I wrote four different posts last year, so one would think that I surely must have exhausted my supply of photos. However, when I perused the old folder. I found more. Like John Donne, a favourite poet from English 110 back in the day, I have more.

I am about to inflict them upon you now, or at least some of them to some of you.



A 58 Chevy, the car that me best friend back then learned to drive on.
His was also blue, but a deeper blue.

A 58 Pontiac, the car that I learned to drive on.
This was a very similar colour to mine.
I posted about that last year.

There may even be one or wo more to post, either soon or alter, when the urge overtakes me.

15 comments:

Ed said...

Although I have come across the term Flickr, I have no idea what it is about. An app for your phone that allows you do do something is about the limit of my knowledge.

Boud said...

I guess this is Halloween related, the ghosts of cars past!

Marie Smith said...

I remember cars from the 50s too but not details other than they were Chevs. I look forward to more photos!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great old cars...but sad to see all derelict like that. The dairy van looks interesting, at least to have it's sign still legible.

RedPat said...

I learned to drive on a '56 Pontiac.

Margaret said...

Ghosts of past cars. There would be a '56 Chevy Bel Air in my field and an old Oldsmobile that drove and looked like a tank.

MARY G said...

I jist caught up on all,your posts ... I have been doing my ESL thing and had less time for leisure pleasure. Yes, you are a fine, fine photographer, and I am glad to see your hockey shots once again. The goalmouth and the one skate shot are delightful. And I am glad you got your meeting in at the park in Tweed. Love that park.
I have also had the YD and her exasperating cats for two weeks, on and off. ( The cats stayed here. The daughter commuted.) she is now off to Brussels and the new job and home.
There are still fine tamarack in the beaver swales around here. Hope you are out in this sunshine finding good ones.

roentare said...

Haha I think we gonna start the decay or rusted themes for some weeks to come

DJan said...

Such great looking old clunkers! I am glad you are sharing these. :-)

William Kendall said...

Boneyard is an apt term.

Red said...

Keep showing this old junkyard. I like the old cars.

Vicki Lane said...

Looks like our county.

Joanne Noragon said...

Wunnerful old cars.

Jenn Jilks said...

Great spot for unique photos!

Jeanie said...

How very sad, these cars. But they make for wonderful photo ops!