Wednesday, October 26, 2022

First Hockey Game of the Season

My last hockey photoshoot occurred on March 02, but on October 23, I was back at it. It wasn't JJ's first game of the new season, and it wasn't even the first game that I attended, but it was the first game that I have photographed this season. 

As usual, I was somewhat reluctant to start taking hockey photos again, for I never quite know if I make myself look like a silly grandfather who thinks he is some sort of hotshot photographer. It certainly helped that one of the parents expressed appreciation, even before the game began.

So, here is my first game of the 2022-23 season. The first three include JJ. Please note how big the boys are getting in the under-15 league. Jonathan is 13 but will be 14 in a few months.

Jonathan on the left

Jonathan is #9 and is the second boy in white

The number 9 is very clear

Some other non-JJ photos. I try look for good action and/or interesting moments.

Who will come away with the puck?

What we call a goalmouth scramble

In fine skating stride with one leg up in the air

Trying to get around the defence


12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

These are great, and though you often can't see a boy's face, at least having the key number helps! JJ is doing well.

DJan said...

These are wonderful shots, and I am glad you told us which number is JJ. They are getting so big!

RedPat said...

I haven't been to hockey game in ages. It looks like it was a fun game to watch.

PipeTobacco said...

Great images!!!! I am kind-of a “pseudo-Canadian” in regards to Hockey. Truthfully, I am not really fond of watching team sports (football, basketball, etc)…. BUT if I were to want to watch team sports, I believe I would have the greatest interest first in HOCKEY and the second in SOCCER.

PipeTobacco

Margaret said...

Those are wonderful (and very professional) photos. It's difficult to get action shots that are unblurred or too dark. I'm glad to see how much protection they wear! Or is that to keep warm?

Marie Smith said...

Those boys look like adults now! Great shots! I enjoy them, AC.

DrumMajor said...

I LOVE hockey. Even the minor league seats are costing WAY too much these days. K.C. has the Mavericks on the other side of town from me. Yikes, those boys DID grow! I bet the poor parents had to buy some bigger equipment too. Be proud grandpa, with no reservations! That's your job! Linda in Kansas

Red said...

I like your hockey photos. Lots of good action by the kids.

William Kendall said...

Good action shots.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sports action shots are not easy, especially in a fast game like hockey and yours are always well done, AC. It was nice to read that other parents also appreciate your photos.

Jeanie said...

Your camera rocks -- you get great action shots (and I know it's not just the camera!)

Kay said...

You really do take such awesome action shots!