Tuesday, October 04, 2022

First Colour Expedition 2022

As odd as it seems, one thing that I can seem to do when I have back spasms is to drive the car. While this may not be true on the first day or two, it tends to hold later when I am not it the most extreme state. On Thursday, the back was so tender and sensitive that I could barely move my fingers to play Sudoku on the iPad without spasming. But by yesterday, Monday, I felt confident enough to go for a limited drive, just to get out and see some autumn colour.

The day was cloudless and the sun was too bright and harsh for the very best colours or photos, but one shoots anyway  because it is fun and satisfying and also because the season is so very short. In fact, there was much more prime colour than I expected so early.

One of my first attempts was this ↓ little outbuilding.


I seem the shoot this next scene every year where two great trees loom over the road. I've had better photos than this one when the light was less harsh, but I am still happy enough with it.


Here's another spot where the trees branch over the road with much more colour in the background.


This may be my favourite photo of the little trip. I just spied the shack out of the corner of my eye and stopped the car.


We ended up at the Auld Kirk (the church wall that you see on the left) and the Almonte cemetery. Sue had set off looking for leading lines for her photo prompt, but I found one by using the church wall while keeping my eye on beloved. I waited for Sue to walk out of the shade into the light and pressed the shutter almost as soon as she did.


I may drive some of this route again when the sun is lower and the light less harsh. In fact, I may head out shortly. We shall see.



15 comments:

DJan said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out. I've been home-bound and it is driving me crazy! Your color is way ahead of ours (not surprisingly) and it's stunning. So glad you can at least get out and drive!

Jenn Jilks said...

So sorry about your back. JB always finds sitting in the car is OK, when his goes out.
I'm fighting my anxiety. I threw up the first day I found out about this gun club. Then it was the other end.

Good luck!

Marcia said...

Sorry about your back problems. Your leaves are several days ahead of ours here to the southeast of you.

Barbara Rogers said...

I like these photos of fall and your artistic choice of Sue at the end of that shadow. Hope you have back relief soon. Glad to see you can drive around! I've been pushing myself out the door at least once a day. How's your river park these days?

Debby said...

Oh back spasms are the worst. Driving would be okay (esp. Since I have heated seats) but getting in and out of the car would kill me.

Margaret said...

Love the colors and that shack photo is indeed spectacular. Very evocative. My mother has back issues and riding in the car isn't an issue; it's getting in and out that is!

Boud said...

I'm glad you've progressed to driving. What are leading lines? I like your pictures, especially the one you say is your favorite.

dellgirl said...

I'm just stopping by for my morning inspiration. I FOUND IT!!! The photos are awesome, as usual. Thank you for sharing the scenic drive and the inspiration, it's just what I needed.

I'm sending prayers for relief from the pain you're going through. Wishing you well, my friend! Have a wonderful Week!

RedPat said...

It is hard to pick a favourite from all these shots. Beautiful.

Red said...

Get some good stretches for your back. It really helped me to beat the spasms.

The Furry Gnome said...

Very nice pix!

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice autumn work.

MARY G said...

Odd how driving is okay when many things hurt a lot.
I love the church wall shot - different and really interesting.
Almonte has some nice red trees on the Wolfgrove Road side.

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful.