Sunday, October 09, 2022

Bringing Home the Pies

The apple pies were gathered and brought home, and so I began to sing this song. 

        Bringing home the pies
        Bringing home the pies
        We shall come rejoicing
        Bringing home the pie
s

It's to the tune of Bringing in the Sheaves, which surely to goodness you know. Having obtained the pies from a church it seemed appropriate.

And by the way, I stuck my nose inside the Ashton United Church for the first time. I liked what I saw, so I went back to the car for my camera.


On the way home, I pulled over for this quick photo, just outside of Ashton.


After I was home for awhile, I realized that each of the three layers that I was wearing had a hood. So, I pulled them all up and hammed up a selfie just for you. The way that the outer layer shows up, it almost looks like four layers.


Yes, if you are thinking that the old boy still hasn't turned on the furnace, you may proceed directly to the head of the class.

What I want to accomplish most with this post, however, is to leave you with an earworm, so please start singing Bringing in the Sheaves to yourselves.

 Altogether now, and a one, and a two  . . .  🎵🎹🎺🎸


17 comments:

Marcia said...

Mission accomplished. And not thanks for the earworm!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Barbara Rogers said...

Not a bad photo among these. And as earworms go, not a bad one at that. My least favorite is Oh My Darling Clementine!

DJan said...

Thanks for the earworm! :-)

Boud said...

No earworm since I have no idea what bringing in the sheaves sounds like. Maybe it's just as well. I haven't turned on the heat yet either, though we were down to the thirties F overnight. I was warmly sleeping at the time.

Marie Smith said...

Lol. Good one, AC. Happy Thanksgiving.

Tabor said...

I know the song, sang it in church (decades ago when I went to church(, but fail to remember what it means. I do love the warm wood that contrasts with the stained glass windows of that church.

Vicki Lane said...

Pretty church with an unusual configuration of pews.

RedPat said...

We turned on the furnace yesterday.

William Kendall said...

Pretty fall colours.

Kay said...

Actually, someone posted a video of a Ukrainian soldier playing Someone You Loved on a violin and that earworm is reverberating in my head.

A hoodie, much less 4 hoodies would definitely keep you warm. Uuuummm..... I actually have the air conditioner on here in Hawaii.

Debby said...

Given the choice between bringing in the sheaves and bringing in the apple pies, imma choose the pies every time!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is a blessing.
Coffee is on and stay safe

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a very interesting design for a church. I've only seen it twice before.

Red said...

That was a favorite Sunday school chorus.

DrumMajor said...

Thanks for the pie earworm. It's replacing the Coal Miner's Daughter ear worm. You appear ready to imitate a snake molting 3 layers by the time you turn on your furnace. That church is amazing. I love the curved pews. Linda in Kansas

roentare said...

the church looks a little gloomy there. Great shot of the Autumn leaves. So nice. You look happy in your new attire

Margaret said...

Love the diffused light in the church. (and the windows) I think you may have to give in and turn on the heat! :)