Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Worthwhile

I went back to the sunflower field — at dawn this time. I was hoping for a good sunrise and light. Alas, it was not to be. Although there was a little bit of sky colour, it was also very dull. Not only that, but the flowers were facing toward the light and away from me, and of course, I wanted to shoot toward the light too. Oh well.

As I was there I might as well do my best.


I did take a couple of photos looking the other way, but I didn't notice the chair when I was there last.



I had packed up and was on my way out when I noticed that I was seeing more fog as the darkness continued to abate. I decided to take one more shot before leaving. Actually, it is a combination of 4 photos, but I will save you the explanation. I edited according to taste by warming up the image quite a bit.


All things considered, it was enjoyable morning, and I think the final photo made it worthwhile. Mind you, I enjoy just getting out in the calmness of the early hours, whether the results are good or not, but it always helps if I can come back with something that I deem worthwhile.


11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The fog adds to the scene for sure. Love it!

Boud said...

I agree that just going out and doing it is worthwhile in itself. So good to be outside early before everyone's up and about.

DJan said...

I do like that last photo.

Vicki Lane said...

I really like the unexpected chair

Margaret said...

That last photo is a keeper for sure! I love the others too though. I think you are a harsh critic. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you for getting out and about. I'm finding motivation hard this week.

William Kendall said...

Those are pretty.

Joanne Noragon said...

That last photo is fun.

Red said...

Sometimes what we want just isn't there.

roentare said...

These sunflower photos are epic! Love the light and mood.

Kay said...

I really love the sunflowers in the fog. Well, I've always loved fog so it was bound to be my favorite.