Sunday, August 07, 2022

I Need to Adjust that App

I’ve had my iWatch for almost a year, but I never bothered to engage the fitness app, for as you all know, my dagblasted foot tends to keep me rather sedentary. However, since I have more recently discovered that I can do a modest amount of cycling, I decided to use the app, and you have seen me post the results of my rides, sometimes with screen captures of the report.

Apart from the logging my rides, the fitness app reminds me of certain things. One evening, it sent a notice that stimulated me to take a little walk in order to close a ring or goal. It also reminds me to stand every hour or so. With my propensity to arise rather frequently to visit a certain facility, I don’t have much difficulty complying.

However, when it congratulates me for standing when I visit the facilities during the night, I am somewhat perplexed. Today, it went so far as to buzz me to get up and stand at 5:50, if you please, when I was still in bed, although, I confess, not deeply asleep. Still, I did not appreciate being buzzed at that hour.

I must look into this. There must be a way to tell the app to sleep when I want to sleep.


16 comments:

Tabor said...

Sounds interesting. Maybe the app is detecting something in your blood pressure, pulse or oxygen levels and you might want to consult a doctor?? My knees are now starting to protest when I exercise too much, but I hope I can keep ignoring them.

Barbara Rogers said...

Not sure which of your bodily gauges the watch can track. Hope it doesn't deprive you of sleep again. Every little bit of resting is good, so you can get up and go and the watch can tell you how "fit" you now are!

DJan said...

I have my phone and watch to let me sleep from 8:00pm to 5:00am so it doesn't bother me during those times. I'm not sure where the setting is, but it's there somewhere.

Margaret said...

Phones have Do Not Disturb settings so it seems like an iWatch would too. John has a new one and is still figuring it out.

Marie Smith said...

My husband does that stuff. I am not into that at all.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't have an I Watch.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Jeanie said...

I need to get one of those things!

Joanne Noragon said...

I will never have that watch! You may remind me.

Debby said...

It is Uwatch. Because I don't want one.

Debby said...

That is a u watch. Because I don't want it.

DrumMajor said...

As a nurse, I can tell you that your watch is rewarding you for getting up in the middle of the night to go to the outhouse, because, well, it's not pretty if you don't. Linda in Kansas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Whenever we will be on a road trip with extended time in the car, the Apple watch is packed in the luggage and my Timex is worn and it tells me nothing except the time😀 The iWatch bought a few months ago is helpful for many things, annoying also at times😉

Jenn Jilks said...

Well, as a fellow sleepless person, that'd just give me grief! I hope you fix it!

MARY G said...

If my watch did that to me, it would quickly become a pile of components. Even my husband is in danger if he wakes me in the small hours. And, yes, 5:30 am is a small hour. Sez me.

William Kendall said...

I've heard those can track the unlikeliest things in the night.

Kay said...

I have an Apple watch too, but I'm not using the Fitness app because... I'm bad and I don't want to know. Art on the other hand loves to keep track of all his exercises. Oh wait. Could this because I don't want to know how bad I am?