Tuesday, August 09, 2022

That's What I Do

My newest t-shirt acquisition arrived yesterday. From what you know of me, I think you'd agree that it was one that I couldn't pass up.

That's What I Do
I Take Photos
And I Forget Things

I have shown a few emblazoned t-shirts that I have purchased in the last few years, and that might cause one to think that I am forever indulging myself. In actuality, I seldom wear these tees and usually settle for wearing plain ones. The plain ones tend to be made of better material after all. But when the mood strikes, I now have a few wacky tees that I can don.

I pretty well started wearing just plain tees about 20 years ago but have picked up a few funny cat or photography shirts fairly recently when I have seen ones on FB that have tickled my fancy.

One might think that I am a self-indulgent old poop, and I suppose that I am. But it is also true that I have never really spent a lot of money on myself. I have decent camera equipment, but none of it is exactly top-of-the line, and purchases were done bit-by-bit over a number of years.

I haven't been taking many photos lately. Earlier in the summer, I did the pond series and then sunrise over the road, but I haven't done much since.

I do have this ↓ one, however, of a rural road not far from us, taken at golden hour.


And while I am at it, here's a recent fireworks photo that I haven't already posted.



17 comments:

William Kendall said...

A good shirt!

Boud said...

I love how you sneak in fireworks photos on us!

Patio Postcards said...

Nice t-shirt & it's good to spoil yourself as I am sure your kids & grandkids would agree :)

MARY G said...

None of us indulge ourselves - we were brought up by people formed by the Great Depression and WW2. I, for instance, have a kitchen drawer into which I put every elastic band that comes into the house. Among other things, of course. Betting you and Sue have a similar stash.
Love that Tee. It should be your own scene though. Get one done with fireworks! Betcha the grandson would wear one like that.

Debby said...

The funniest photographer's shirt I saw had photographer twisting himself all around to get the perfect shot. It read 'the camera sutra'

Anvilcloud said...

@Boud. I have quite a few more to sneak in when I have a little space that I think wants filling. In addition to forgetting things, this is also what I do.😀

Anvilcloud said...

@Mary. Truth.

RedPat said...

We all need to spoil ourselves a bit these days.

Marie Smith said...

Great T. It looks good on you too.

Red said...

Lots of creativity in T shirts. This I know from shopping in my favorite store...Value Village.

Barbara Rogers said...

Well done...the shirt and a smile!

Margaret said...

I love the tee! Nearly all mine are graphic tees and have meaning to me because of the saying or a place I've visited. Love the golden hour shot!

Kay said...

I love that t-shirt. I take photos to remember things because I forget too.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the road picture. and the new t shirt. Will there be another that says SELF-INDULGENT OLD POOP?

DJan said...

It was just too too perfect to pass up. :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

That's a good shirt.

gigi-hawaii said...

What a cute T-shirt! I would wear it everywhere, it's so cute. You look very nice in it, too. So appropriate for you.